Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you ever feel you can't do something without even trying first ?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am new here and just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.  My name is Jerrinnie.

I just want to know if you sometimes you feel the way I do about trying new things that you may not have thought you could or would ever do.?

Like doing a puzzle, making a certain dish for your family, making jewelry or just something you haven't tried because you just didn't think you could succeed.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure, I've felt like that which makes it even sweeter when you finally do it and succeed. I'm now training for a 5k and while I'm not there yet, I go further and further each workout and I am impressed with myself, nothing feels better than accomplishing something you never thought possible. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  I actually struggle with that because of my PTSD.  Simple things like making a new dinner stress me out, but I get through them.  More complicated things like a road trip or remodeling the house I just can't do alone.  My therapist says to start small, so I'm making a new dinner tonight.  I hope it comes out as pretty as the picture...

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes but that's often just a result of me not wanting to put all the necessary effort into achieving it.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Hello and welcome!

Yes, I've felt that way sometimes :)

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Jerrinnie
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM

It is good to know I am not alone in this fear of trying new things.  You know they always say "Baby Steps".  I sure to believe in that.  I was asking because for the last 6 months I have been really testing my ability to try something new and fun.  I am still growing in my efforts everyday.

So see we must never give up and take baby steps everyday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN