Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Michelle Obama at the Oscars?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
I voted for her husband ok? But seriously, any one else find her appearance at the oscars just tacky and fame seeking? Ugh, I didn't really like her before but now she's obnoxious AND tacky. Shouldn't she be doing good acts instead of playing princess? Omg I'd have been cool-er with one of her daughters being there as a guest presenter. But best picture? That should have been for a prestigious actor to present. Ugh. Am I over thinking this? I didn't watch it btw I just saw the highlights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
And for the record, I know they requested her. But she shouldn't have accepted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I thought she looked beautiful last night.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Well Geez, look who the host was.  I despise that guy alot. 

A_Renee
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Don't think it's that big of a deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM
12 moms liked this

I think both she and her husband try too hard to be "cool" and well liked on a personal level. I think those in the position of President and First Lady are to be looked up to and I have a hard time doing that when they are hanging out at the Oscars and palling around with celebrities.  

mstricey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Didn't know she was there, I didn't watch it. But I did see a little clip of her presenting an award. I thought they were taping her from the White House.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by Nancy on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
4 moms liked this

Thought she was elegant, and beautiful last night. Guess we all have different views. I like a First Lady who isn't walking around with a pole stuck up her arse all the time. 

Due9
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I thought it was tacky, to say the least.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM

No i completely agree,I think shes made a joke out of being The First Lady and it's a shame. She should be someone to look up to not be disgusted by......JMHO   ;0)

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I voted for her husband ok? But seriously, any one else find her appearance at the oscars just tacky and fame seeking? Ugh, I didn't really like her before but now she's obnoxious AND tacky. Shouldn't she be doing good acts instead of playing princess? Omg I'd have been cool-er with one of her daughters being there as a guest presenter. But best picture? That should have been for a prestigious actor to present. Ugh. Am I over thinking this? I didn't watch it btw I just saw the highlights.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you as well.... 

Quoting JulyBabies:

I think both she and her husband try too hard to be "cool" and well liked on a personal level. I think those in the position of President and First Lady are to be looked up to and I have a hard time doing that when they are hanging out at the Oscars and palling around with celebrities.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)