Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

simple yet yummy lasanga recipe??

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

so dh bought some lasagna noodles at sams last year and we need to use them

so anyone got a yummy recipe but easy???

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Brown meat, toss in tomato sauce and spices (whichever you like)  , cook noodles according to package,  have a large container of cottage cheese and mix in one egg (binding agent), Mozz cheese .   Start layering with the sauce, lay down noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce, mozz cheese (shredded), noodles, cc, sauce, etc until you are at top of of baking dish.  Bake for 45 minutes in oven.  I forget the temperature.

lilmama3189
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I dont personally have a recipe but I know people that have made lasanga in the crockk pot. There must be a recipe online..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megara
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I love skillet lasagna. Brown Italian sausage or ground beef in olive oil with chopped onion and garlic in a large skillet. Add mushrooms if you like them and cook for a few more minutes. Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes and whatever herbs you like in your pasta. Add about 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and simmer. Break your lasagna noodles into thirds and cook according to box, drain, and add to skillet. Then add about 1/2 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 cup of ricotta, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan, and stir until it's all melty. And there you go, skillet lasagna!

EDIT:  Here is the original recipe.  I modified it with meat, and I also use full-fat cheese and don't care about WW points!  http://nutritionfor.us/2012/02/eat-skinny-be-skinny-easy-peasy-skillet-lasagna/

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM

sure i made it for supper today for dh

meat sauce has browned hamburger with diced mushrooms, onions, celery and bell peppers. add your choice of pasta sauce. moddle layer between meat sauce layers is cottage & shredded mozza cheese, with diced spinach and onions.

i top with shredded mozza and cheddat, and some dried herbs like italian seasoning.

bake

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I don't really have a recipe for it but what I do is I brown 2lbs of ground beef and mix it with a large jar of sauce. I spoon a little sauce into the bottom of my lasagna pan, layer in uncooked lasagna noodles, spoon some of the meat sauce over those noodles, add another layer of noodles, spoon over more sauce, then add the final layer of noodles. Once it's all in the pan I doublecheck that there's plenty of liquid, adding in a little water or tomato sauce if there isn't, then I cover it with foil and bake for about an hour until the noodles are tender. Then I turn off the oven, smother the entire top of the lasagna with shredded mozzarella, and put it back into the still-hot oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

I've also done what I call "poor man's lasagna" where I cook egg noodles, mix them with the meat and sauce, spread in the baking dish, top with cheese, and bake until the cheese is bubbly.

romanceparty4u
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM

in big stew pan, brown italian sausage, and crumble. Remove grease, then add two large cans of diced tomatoes, two large cans of tomato puree, and one large can of tomato sauce. Add basil, oregano, salt, garlic and two chopped onions to taste, let simmer forever. (usually 2-3 hours)

In bowl, mix two eggs, tsp sugar, tsp salt, 1/2 tsp parsley flakes,  1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and 15 oz ricotta cheese thoroughly.

Soften noodles in the lasagna pan, put them in there stacked, pour boiling water to cover.

When noodles are soften, drain water. Take out and set aside.

This is when you start your layering..in order. 1/2-3/4 cup sauce, noodle layer, ricotta, sauce again, noodle layer, ricotta, noodle layer, sauce. Stack as high as you wish...til ingredients gone.

Top with 8 oz asiago cheese, 8 oz of mozzarella-- and 1/2 cup parmesan. Sprinkle on some parsley flakes Bake at 350 about 45 min, til cheese is browning  and bubbly

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Brown meat, toss in tomato sauce and spices (whichever you like)  , cook noodles according to package,  have a large container of cottage cheese and mix in one egg (binding agent), Mozz cheese .   Start layering with the sauce, lay down noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce, mozz cheese (shredded), noodles, cc, sauce, etc until you are at top of of baking dish.  Bake for 45 minutes in oven.  I forget the temperature.

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Just sauce and mozzarella cheese and layer it. thats how I make it and everyone loves it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)