Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No one is responding to my AD!!! **included ad** ------ ***EDIT***

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 37 Replies

Help me find a nanny!

I am seeking a nanny but haven't had a response. I feel like everything is good with regard to hours and pay. However, I have had no good applicants.

SO... if you were looking for a nanny position, what would get your attention enough to call? Anything in particular?

I read all of your suggestions (other than increasing pay) and reposted. I have had one response (on my CL ad) from a 22 year old college grad wtih a teaching degree who currently works as a para during the school year. We are going to schedule an interview. I plan on posting on Sitter City like many of you suggested. I checked out Care.com and I don't think I want to pay $35 for the upgrade per month.

Thx for the ideas! I appreciate constructive criticism!

*****************************************************************************************************************

My *Craigslist* ad:

Nanny needed for my two children. My daughter will be 6 years old in June and my son is 11 years old. NO housework or errands required. BOTH of my children will be in a 1/2 day summer program for the first half of the summer, therefore, I am looking for someone who is able to transport my children to and from this program.

DETAILS BELOW:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hours:

Last week of May (28th-30th) - 8:30am - 3:30 pm M-F

June and July - 12:00 to 3:30pm M-Th and all day Friday

Last week of July to August 14th - 8:30am - 3:30pm M-F

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Salary:

* $9.50 per hour (based on hours indicated above)
* Potential for Monthly Bonuses
* Travel and activity expenses
* Includes meals and snacks
* Opportunities for all expense paid weekend travel with our family (certainly never required!)
* TAX FREE - I will not be using your services as a tax deduction, so NO 1099 mess for you!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Requirements:

*High School Diploma (prefer Elementary Education Major)
*Reliable transportation along with valid drivers license and auto insurance
*At least 1 full year of experience with school age children
*2 professional references testifying to your character, work ethic, and ability to care for children.
*Again, NO housework required aside from encouraging the children to pick up after themselves, rinse their breakfast/lunch dishes, and clean their rooms.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vacation:

Due to the nature of my job I will not be taking vacation other than the following:

Memorial Day
July 4th (and the day after)
Labor Day

The person I select for this position is able to take up to two weeks vacation (unpaid), however, must be scheduled during the months of June and/or July. This is non-negotiable.

Our family has a camper that will be parked at a seasonal campsite about an hour and a half from XXXXXXX. There will be opportunities to join us for a weekend trip should you feel comfortable doing so. My daughter gets attached to her childcare providers and she would love the chance to bring a "friend" on a weekend trip with us. All expenses paid, of course, and certainly never required.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you in advance for your time.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Post your advert. I used to be a nanny, maybe you are giving off a vibe you don't realize.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Where did you advertise for it?  I would go on sittercity or care.com and post wanted ads there.   

wife07_mom08
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

where di u post it? i know by me care.com is huge!

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Post it here and we can give you FEEDBACK!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that may make alot of people to run away from you .  For me it is too many details in it.  I would give the hours needed and wage.  Put rest of details to be negotiated and discussed at interview.

kitty8199
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM
It's a lot to read. Also what is all day Friday? That may mean different to different people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:20 AM
It's also avoid craigslist. Use a site made for sitters. And high schools have majors now? Hs is usually gen ed unless your area is different. That may be an issue, too.
Most high schools don't offer majors, so someone may feel they don't qualify.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Add up the hours and post the amount for the entire summers worth of work.  Include a bonus if the entire summer is worked with satisfactory results (otherwise you risk losing them early.)

Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Oh and it is early yet for the college students and high school students to be looking for summer jobs-the college kids are off at school!  If your high school has any kind of child care programs or curriculum-see if you can post an ad with them-look at your local community college and see if they have an area to post job ads (those kids would be local)

milfanyway
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:11 AM
3 moms liked this
The tax thing would put me off. Its illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN