Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I hate Comcast!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 29 Replies

Does anyone else have issues with them?? I'm sitting on hold for the second time today after they hung up on me while I was waiting on a supervisor to dispute my bill.  This is my THIRD call about my bill.  They have escalated it twice and I have yet to recieve a call regarding it.  I am soooo ready to be done with them!! I hate Verizon but Comcast is quickly taking that top spot.  I would even gladly go back to Verizon.  Their customer service sucks by atleast I never got random 75 dollar charges that I can't get a straight story on. UGH!

devil

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM

when we had them we didnt really have any issues with them. We have directPath now (directtv) and the complax has a contract with them so we didnt even get a choice on what cable provider we wanted to use :( 

AlohaTink
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We only have internet with them.  I think our apartment complex has a contract with Comcast too unfortunately.  And I don't think we can go without because we use Hulu and Netflix plus DH plays computer games online.  Its compounded by the lies the guy told us when we signed the contact.  We were very clear about how much internet we use and he swore up and down to me and DH that we would never go over the limit.  Well lo and behold we did the first month.  We have three computers and two smart phones plus an XBOX and we can't even use the phones on the internet because of the limit.  It's ridiculous!!

Quoting KelliansMom:

when we had them we didnt really have any issues with them. We have directPath now (directtv) and the complax has a contract with them so we didnt even get a choice on what cable provider we wanted to use :( 

madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM
omg so with you. I have made changes to my bill or account for years. Finally we decided to change 1st apt they come without all the equipment. I saod nope come back when you have it all. they charge me 90 bucks whem the girl on the phone told me 45. 2 apt comes woth all the equipment but puts this box with lights all over it in my bedroom
hummmm helo I sleep here. another 90 bucks. call comcast tell th hell no not paying this. smart ass operator saya yes you will
I say nope supervisor will call you back before 9 tpniht. nope 3 days later she calls. Yeap she wrote the entire instalationno off . she paid I will pay nothing. We will see I dont have that bill yet. I really hope it is right. I hate to contact them.
omg go there in persom is worse mpre then a 2 hpur wait.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:33 AM

every company has a limit or at least a point where they will slow your internet down. I know comcast had one bc when we had them they sent a letter. We have three gaming systems a comupter (sometimes two when hubby is home) two tablets and two smart phones  never go ove rthe limit but we have ATT now for internet. Love thier customer service. Are only issue with Directtv is we can upgrade our second box with out paying an arm and a leg :(

Quoting AlohaTink:

We only have internet with them.  I think our apartment complex has a contract with Comcast too unfortunately.  And I don't think we can go without because we use Hulu and Netflix plus DH plays computer games online.  Its compounded by the lies the guy told us when we signed the contact.  We were very clear about how much internet we use and he swore up and down to me and DH that we would never go over the limit.  Well lo and behold we did the first month.  We have three computers and two smart phones plus an XBOX and we can't even use the phones on the internet because of the limit.  It's ridiculous!!

Quoting KelliansMom:

madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
i never have internet issues with comcast it is or was always the best in our area
dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never had a problem with Comcast and I've had them for 5 years. My parents had Comcast my whole life and still do with no issues.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Try going to their website and using the chat box. I love/hate Comcast too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

We had all kinds of problems with Comcast cable, but rarely any problems with the internet & phone.  We got rid of the cable as soon as our contract was up & went back to DirecTV and will never go back to comcast cable again, at least not by choice.  I understand comcast doesn't do cable contracts anymore, but they did when we went with them, we signed a 2-year one & the day it was up was the day we cancelled them!

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Comcast was the worst for me.  Their equipment sucked, never held up.  I had numerous dvrs and recievers replaced.  Once the technician replaced the dvrs he pulled from the truck a few times in one visit, because they didn't work.  That should have had them see all the dvrs that I needed replaced weren't my fault, but I don't think they did!! They were always ignorant about that!  They've lied to me, my bill was always wrong, and they have the worst customer service I've ever encountered. 

Tigress22304
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I've had comcast for years-never had any issues with them-they were always willing to help-Verizon (where i live) blows-why they are even still in business around here i'll never know

we switched to verizon because of their triple (phone/internet cable) deal-and in the end we got chewed and screwed. SO NOT WORTH IT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)