Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whats the scariest/grosest insect you have found in your house?*ETA*

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 71 Replies

OMG you all are giving me the hebe-jeebies! I feel like there are bugs on me lol. but these stories are hilarious. Keep them coming

Before i moved out of my parents house, I was doing laundry one day, I left a pile of clothes on my bed for like an hour. this was after my little one was born, she was only a month at the time, well i have my mom watching her, and I walk in my room to take care of our laundry when i move a shirt and this huge as spider jumps out and runs across my bed! I ran out of the room and we slept in the living room that night. Then the next day I see the same damn spider in the kitchen. It was a hobo spider!

apparently its a reletive of the wolf spider. ick :P

Then about a year before that, I was in my bed which was pushed up against the wall, I had a bamboo scroll hanging on the wall. I feel the bed and what i thought were crumbs weren't crumbs. I look up on the wall and see brown stuff on it..I lift up the scroll and whats behind it? a fucking hole with termites coming out of it! I screamed, ran out of the room and was so freaked out i called dh (we were dating at the time) and asked if i could stay at his place lol

THEN when we moved into this house we always had beetles all over the place. we found out they were carpet bugs. wtf? i haven't had much luck with bugs, they are always around me haha.

What have you found in your house?

I'm a pagan 23 year old mother of three beautiful charmed girls who are 4 1/2yrs, 3yrs, and 18 months. 7 years strong with my Pagan/Duid highschool sweetheart and have been married for 2 1/2 years. All I want in life is for my family to be healthy happy and positive. Negativity is an infection and an weak mind can become overcome with negativity if infected. Blessed Be )O(
pagan 2

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

It was a wasp. They terrify me because they are so agressive and they can kill me. I get too scared to even try to kill them because if I miss I'm dead.

JennyCaps
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Scorpion. I lost my shit to say the least. We still don't know if it was a stow away in dh's bags from deployment or what. We lived in Hawaii at the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Lisa on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM
A huge beetle with pinchers! Oh my I was freaked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM

the scariest for me was a stag beetle.  I was headed out of my house and as soon as i walked out i look over at my shoulder and this bug was staring back at me.  I've come face to face with lots of bugs in my life but this one was the scariest of them all

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM

that is gross!  the only spider i have came across was a daddy long legs and i freaked out when i seen it!  

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Where I live, and this house specifically, has always had a problem with palmetto bugs... at first I was afraid of them, but after 28 years of dealing with them, I am now at war... until one of the damn things flies at me... then I run screaming in terror!!!

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM
A female red velvet ant. It was crawling right next to my DS. I had never seen or heard if one before. I trapped it in a plastic container to show my DH and a neighbor said they are common here. Oh yay us!
Jessy613
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

ewwww! this post is grossss lol. HATE bugs!!

The nastiest bug that was ever in my house was a BIG cockroach...those things just freak me the fuck out! 

Years ago my husband found a brown recluse in our old house and I didn't sleep for days!

LadyFreeRider
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
We have wolf spiders. I think they are mutants. Lol. They get fucking HUGE! I have also found a praying mantis on my living room ceiling once. And sewer crickets. I have no idea if that's what they really are called or not but they are nasty looking. I'll try to find a pic.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Living in a desert-country we get some FREAKY crap in our house (even though we live in the mountains to the north).  We have found a few HUGE cockroaches (like the hissing kind), millipedes, and **gulp** CAMEL SPIDERS!!!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)