Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whats the scariest/grosest insect you have found in your house?*ETA*

Posted by   + Show Post

OMG you all are giving me the hebe-jeebies! I feel like there are bugs on me lol. but these stories are hilarious. Keep them coming

Before i moved out of my parents house, I was doing laundry one day, I left a pile of clothes on my bed for like an hour. this was after my little one was born, she was only a month at the time, well i have my mom watching her, and I walk in my room to take care of our laundry when i move a shirt and this huge as spider jumps out and runs across my bed! I ran out of the room and we slept in the living room that night. Then the next day I see the same damn spider in the kitchen. It was a hobo spider!

apparently its a reletive of the wolf spider. ick :P

Then about a year before that, I was in my bed which was pushed up against the wall, I had a bamboo scroll hanging on the wall. I feel the bed and what i thought were crumbs weren't crumbs. I look up on the wall and see brown stuff on it..I lift up the scroll and whats behind it? a fucking hole with termites coming out of it! I screamed, ran out of the room and was so freaked out i called dh (we were dating at the time) and asked if i could stay at his place lol

THEN when we moved into this house we always had beetles all over the place. we found out they were carpet bugs. wtf? i haven't had much luck with bugs, they are always around me haha.

What have you found in your house?

I'm a pagan 23 year old mother of three beautiful charmed girls who are 4 1/2yrs, 3yrs, and 18 months. 7 years strong with my Pagan/Duid highschool sweetheart and have been married for 2 1/2 years. All I want in life is for my family to be healthy happy and positive. Negativity is an infection and an weak mind can become overcome with negativity if infected. Blessed Be )O(
pagan 2

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM

oh goodness i would not be able to stay in the same house if i found a spider that big. lol id probably want to burn the place down! rofl!!!

Quoting TableforSeven:

Israel

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

ahg!! where do you live?

Quoting TableforSeven:

Living in a desert-country we get some FREAKY crap in our house (even though we live in the mountains to the north).  We have found a few HUGE cockroaches (like the hissing kind), millipedes, and **gulp** CAMEL SPIDERS!!!!!! 

Tatertot78
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM

These fuckers get up to 4-5 inches long. I was driving along in my car one day and felt an itch on my leg. Ya. I freaked the hell out and almost crashed because it was crawling up my leg!

*shudder*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Whip scorpion.  It was fricking HUGE.  It was in the laundry room.  I fully intended to kill it by slamming it with a full bottle of bleach, but DD1 walked in, freaked out about the possible murder of an "innocent" bug and insisted I trot the nasty thing out to the park, in the dark, in my pjs.  And I did.  And it ran up my hand.  And I screamed like a raving lunatic.  And it jumped off and ran into the night.  And I kept screaming.  And the security guard ran over to see what was wrong and my DH told him I was crazy and left me in the park and I walked back home and washed my arm with scalding water.  I hope never to see another one, ever, as long as I live.  

The maid had no problem with the whip scorpion.  It was the three foot snake behind the dryer that freaked her out.  She threatened to quit when DD begged to keep it.  LOL.

AprilDJC
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Hummm...wolf spider in washington, geckos in guam (i know, a gecko is not a bug lol), pincher bugs (earwigs), s brown scorpion when I was a kid, and the mosquito eater bugs lol. Those creep me out!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama.
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM
a big ass spider, hobo spiders. When I was 4 a tautantula was in our house, don't ask me how but i was watching bozo the clown and it crawled out from under the couch and I screamed. Lol my stepdad was trying to flush it, lol like how do you kill a spider that big
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I have seen brown recluse spiders, daddy long legs and balck widow spiders. Seen cocroaches, palmetto bugs and a wolf spider. I have had ants, fire ants, silver fish and centipedes. I have had a frog and a mouse. But the most terrifying thing I have ever seen in my home was a dead lady bug. I almost pissed my pants and my boyfriend at the time had to drive 30 minutes to come get it and I made him take it across the street for it to go away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AimSnapHolz
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I think spiders are cool. I think the grossest one I've ever found was when we had bedbugs. Thankfully we got lucky and they were easy to get rid of.

If I ever found a cockroach or a maggot inside my house, though, I'd probably shoot myself. I can't stand to even think about those things.

AimSnapHolz
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:54 PM

That is a really intense reaction to a dead lady bug, haha... are you afraid of lady bugs?

Quoting Chelsey191:

I have seen brown recluse spiders, daddy long legs and balck widow spiders. Seen cocroaches, palmetto bugs and a wolf spider. I have had ants, fire ants, silver fish and centipedes. I have had a frog and a mouse. But the most terrifying thing I have ever seen in my home was a dead lady bug. I almost pissed my pants and my boyfriend at the time had to drive 30 minutes to come get it and I made him take it across the street for it to go away.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

it wasn't in my house, but an ex-friends... We were cleaning out under the stairs and found thousands and thousands of maggots. Her house was always messy and gross, but that was the last straw for me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)