Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whats the scariest/grosest insect you have found in your house?*ETA*

Posted by   + Show Post

OMG you all are giving me the hebe-jeebies! I feel like there are bugs on me lol. but these stories are hilarious. Keep them coming

Before i moved out of my parents house, I was doing laundry one day, I left a pile of clothes on my bed for like an hour. this was after my little one was born, she was only a month at the time, well i have my mom watching her, and I walk in my room to take care of our laundry when i move a shirt and this huge as spider jumps out and runs across my bed! I ran out of the room and we slept in the living room that night. Then the next day I see the same damn spider in the kitchen. It was a hobo spider!

apparently its a reletive of the wolf spider. ick :P

Then about a year before that, I was in my bed which was pushed up against the wall, I had a bamboo scroll hanging on the wall. I feel the bed and what i thought were crumbs weren't crumbs. I look up on the wall and see brown stuff on it..I lift up the scroll and whats behind it? a fucking hole with termites coming out of it! I screamed, ran out of the room and was so freaked out i called dh (we were dating at the time) and asked if i could stay at his place lol

THEN when we moved into this house we always had beetles all over the place. we found out they were carpet bugs. wtf? i haven't had much luck with bugs, they are always around me haha.

What have you found in your house?

I'm a pagan 23 year old mother of three beautiful charmed girls who are 4 1/2yrs, 3yrs, and 18 months. 7 years strong with my Pagan/Duid highschool sweetheart and have been married for 2 1/2 years. All I want in life is for my family to be healthy happy and positive. Negativity is an infection and an weak mind can become overcome with negativity if infected. Blessed Be )O(
pagan 2

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM

OMG that was hillairous to read. sounds like my dd!

Quoting inspain:

Whip scorpion.  It was fricking HUGE.  It was in the laundry room.  I fully intended to kill it by slamming it with a full bottle of bleach, but DD1 walked in, freaked out about the possible murder of an "innocent" bug and insisted I trot the nasty thing out to the park, in the dark, in my pjs.  And I did.  And it ran up my hand.  And I screamed like a raving lunatic.  And it jumped off and ran into the night.  And I kept screaming.  And the security guard ran over to see what was wrong and my DH told him I was crazy and left me in the park and I walked back home and washed my arm with scalding water.  I hope never to see another one, ever, as long as I live.  

The maid had no problem with the whip scorpion.  It was the three foot snake behind the dryer that freaked her out.  She threatened to quit when DD begged to keep it.  LOL.

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

ugh one morning i had gotten dressed for school, and I had layed my clothes out at night, well i'm going to the bathroom and I felt something on me,a nd i felt a pinch. I threw off all of my clothes bra underwear all of it and saw a earwig come crawling out of my  shirt. I was so pissed, lol from then on i just left my shit in the closet

Quoting AprilDJC:

Hummm...wolf spider in washington, geckos in guam (i know, a gecko is not a bug lol), pincher bugs (earwigs), s brown scorpion when I was a kid, and the mosquito eater bugs lol. Those creep me out!

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I am slowly but surely becoming more accepting of them. My dh and I were taking a shower together one night and i was in the water when dh's eyes open wide and he goes "uh" and moves me behind him.  When i saw what he was looking at i flipped. There was a tiny jumping spider hanging next to my ear. Dh scooped it up and put it on the counter. I finished my shower, at at a distance, watched it on the counter, cleaning its self and it chilled in our bathroom for about 3 days untill i told dh we needed to put it outside.

Quoting AimSnapHolz:

I think spiders are cool. I think the grossest one I've ever found was when we had bedbugs. Thankfully we got lucky and they were easy to get rid of.

If I ever found a cockroach or a maggot inside my house, though, I'd probably shoot myself. I can't stand to even think about those things.

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

LOL

Quoting LoveMyLos:

My kids.

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM

is that a brown recluse?

Quoting MommeeTo4:

This Spider was in my laundry

MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM
No. I think it is a false widow.

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

is that a brown recluse?

Quoting MommeeTo4:

This Spider was in my laundry

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I love crickets. they are so cute :} its the locusts that i freak a little at. one year at hs we had a massive amount of locusts on campus and i swear like every 30 seconds you could hear a girl scream lol it was pretty funny. I think the reason they were there was that there was construction going on near the school.

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

I finally found a pic. This one is a cave cricket. What was in my house looked like this one but it was grey and black and the body was kind of flatter and a little longer.

grandmotherof6
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM

a spider with lots of baby on it's back

jdy9440
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Quoting happehcrone:

I looked vinegaroon up, yukkkk,
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM

When i moved to the coast, I moved into a lovely beach bungalow that was over 60 years old.

Didn't knkow I was the first person to live in it in over 2 years and I already had a roommate - a HUGE MARSH RAT!!!! It was awful getting rid of him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)