Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My puppy died today :(

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 50 Replies
It has been a really sad day for the family today. We had a beautiful German Shepard that was 7years old. I took him last Monday to the vet because he was acting like he had pain in the ear and neck. They said he had a ear infection, gave him his yearly shots because they were due in march, gave him antibiotics and pain meds. Well yesterday was the first day he didn't have antibiotics or pain meds because he was out. Well he couldn't hardly stand and was drooling all over the place. I rushed him back to the vet. They did blood work and sent us home and said they would call by 9:30 am with the results and have him a pain shot. Well this morning I tried to get him up to go to the bathroom and he wouldn't. I called the vet at 9:45, again at 10:15, both times they told me the results were in but the vet was busy and couldn't talk and the office staff couldn't read them (idk why). Well by 10:30 he passed away. I am so pissed the vet let him suffer. Apparently the blood work (which they called at noon) showed he was in kidney failure and needed to be hooked up to a IV. I am so upset and mad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:29 PM
oh no! We had the exact same situation happen to our boxer when I was a teenager. I was also very angry/hurt. I'm sorry! :( RIP Puppy!
cjsix
There are many ups and downs through out a marriage and our lives but,if we fight for what we care about most we can make it and find our hearts home <3
Today at 3:02 AM
by faith on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM

huggingMomma,I am sooooo sorry!

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so sorry...  And please find a new vet..

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM

:( so sorry!

WinterRosesmom
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Oh hunny im soooo sorry thats terrible **huggs**to you and your family!
25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I am so very sorry.

There wasa NO excuse for that verterinarian to behave so poorly. That's exactly how the vet in Ohio acted once he discovered my dog had cancer. He bailed on her treatment. wasn't honest with us.

KME3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awful. :( i'm sorry. That poor dog.
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Oh that's so sad!! Poor guy.

Run free little man over the Rainbow bridge!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM
You have the right to be upset. Poor puppy. :(
3_girls_86
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I don't understand why they didn't call right away. They knew it was that bad! I'm so sorry your dog had to suffer like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)