Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Help me decide!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
kdgord
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM
same here

Quoting singlemama0905:

I love my s3. Had it since October and haven't had any issues
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coleysmama
by Lisa on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes pretty simple too.
No buttons to press . Just put the side of your hand (like a karate chop...lol) on the left side of the screen and swipe across to the right side of screen. The pic will be copied to your clipboard and gallery.

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Does it screenshot?

Quoting Beauty91805:

I love my s3, but I've never had an iphone so I can't tell you whether or not I like it lol. Nevertheless, I love my phone. :-)
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM
SIII is reliable and works great love it
coleysmama
by Lisa on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I love my S3 but don't have an iphone to compare.
My son likes his apple products but I hate them and dealing with itunes sucks(for me, son doesn't mind)
madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I love my galaxy. I think you will have a hard time seems they both are great phones.

Only thing I can't get on it and am not sure why is bejeweled but there are similuar games.

AMBG825
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

From a user point of view, the S3 wins hands down. It has a faster processor so it is faster than an IPhone. There is also the S Voice which is comparable to Siri on an IPhone. although I will admit, S Voice isn't as fun to play with as Siri is because it doesn't have some of the funny answers to silly questions. With the S3, the touch functions are more versatile. Unlike the IPhone, if you are reading an article online you can instantly scroll to the top of the page by double tapping the top of the phone.

Also, one thing that I like about the S3 over the IPhone is how easy it is to transfer files from one phone to another. My husband has the Note, (which I like even more than the S3) If I want to share a picture or video with him, all I have to do is tap the back of my phone to the back of his and voila - picture transferred.

Now from a technician point of view, the IPhone is the winner. To replace a screen in an IPhone, it is a lot easier and cheaper than to repair an S3. The IPhone is cheaper to repair if needed than an S3. If you crack the screen on your S3, you might as well replace the entire phone because the screen is difficult to remove and it is not a separate piece from the digitizer so the part is a lot more expensive. The Iphone (depending on which one you get) the screen is an extremely easy replacement and very inexpensive. (IPhone 5 excluded.)

So, if you want to consider how much it will cost should you break your phone, then go with an IPhone. But if you don't care or have the ability to replace it should it break, definitely get the S3 - Actually I'd go with the Note over the S3 though.

madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:58 AM

oh one more I hate how ppl can take a pic from the ipone of what they are looking at the galaxy does not

coleysmama
by Lisa on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Do you mean a screen shot?

Quoting madwifa:

oh one more I hate how ppl can take a pic from the ipone of what they are looking at the galaxy does not

madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM

that might be what I would call it. My friend does it with her iphone she will take a pic of what she is looking at on her screen. yup screen shot.

Quoting coleysmama:

Quoting madwifa:

coleysmama
by Lisa on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
You can do that on the S3 very easily.
Just swipe the side of your hand from left to right across the screen. The pic will be on your clipboard and in your gallery.

Quoting madwifa:

that might be what I would call it. My friend does it with her iphone she will take a pic of what she is looking at on her screen. yup screen shot.

Quoting coleysmama:

Quoting madwifa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN