Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The newest addition to our family. PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

This is our 3 month old puppy Diamond. She is such a love and loves to cuddle. She tends to be alittle hyper and likes to jump up on the kids and accdently scratches them. The only down side is she isn't hpise broken yet so she keeps peeing on the carpet so if you have any good tips to get her potty trained that would be awesome. Any tips you might have for a puppy i would be happy to hear. The last time i had a dog i was a kid so this is all new to me now. I am slowly learning the ropes again. Let me know what you think

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
allabout11708
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Awe she is a cutie! Patience and consistency. She will not learn overnight, but you need to work her into a routine. Redirect her outside when she potties. Don't spank her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Quoting allabout11708:

Awe she is a cutie! Patience and consistency. She will not learn overnight, but you need to work her into a routine. Redirect her outside when she potties. Don't spank her.

Yea my brother told me i cant disipline her either that it would scare her into not going to the bathroom. During the day when i am at work and at night when we are sleping she is in a kennle so i dont wake up to a HUGE mess or my apartment toren to shredds.

allabout11708
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Also, taking her out every time she eats and drinks will help her. And praise her when she potties outside. She will figure it out soon :) good luck. She is a doll.

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting allabout11708:

Yea my brother told me i cant disipline her either that it would scare her into not going to the bathroom. During the day when i am at work and at night when we are sleping she is in a kennle so i dont wake up to a HUGE mess or my apartment toren to shredds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Quoting allabout11708:

Also, taking her out every time she eats and drinks will help her. And praise her when she potties outside. She will figure it out soon :) good luck. She is a doll.

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting allabout11708:

Thanks. We just got her yesterday and i'm already starting to get frustrated that she keeps peeing every where. Today she pooped in my car.

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM

aww that last pic looks like animal abuse. you wore that poor puppy out. lol baking soda on the accidents. cinnamon oil in water if it is carpet to deter it and if it is hardwood or linoleum pine sole. take her out about every hour to 2 hrs. if she starts sniffing around get her outside immediately. she is hunting for a place to go. happy puppy raising. :)

allabout11708
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Awe, it can be very frustrating. She will pick it up.

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting allabout11708:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting allabout11708:

Thanks. We just got her yesterday and i'm already starting to get frustrated that she keeps peeing every where. Today she pooped in my car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting opinionatedmom:

aww that last pic looks like animal abuse. you wore that poor puppy out. lol baking soda on the accidents. cinnamon oil in water if it is carpet to deter it and if it is hardwood or linoleum pine sole. take her out about every hour to 2 hrs. if she starts sniffing around get her outside immediately. she is hunting for a place to go. happy puppy raising. :)

LOL. I'm trying to leash train her so i had her EVERYWHERE today. I took her to PETCO on the leash me and DD took her for a little walk out side to get her use to her new suroundings. I took her with me to pick up my DS from school. Then i bought her some toys today for her to chew on so she will leave our stuff alone and we played fetch inside with her to give her some exercise. But when i was driving she was sleeping and slept alot when we got home to. I do have to work tomorrow so i wont have her with me so cant ware her out to much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)