Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tutu makin moms..

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 8 Replies
I need to make a tutu for my daughter for her school play. she's 7 and wears size 6x-7 pants.

I have the general idea on how to do it but I'm not sure if I bought enough tulle. How much do you usually use??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mbluste
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM

If i want it real puffy, i buy 10 yards

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM

my mom recently made both my girls tutus. she used a elastic headband for the waist and took strips of tulle and tied them to the head band they looked so awesome. look on pintrest. thats where she said she found the  pattern.

EthansMomma129
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I buy the rolls. It looks a lot nicer than buying it by the yard and makes it faster to make too. I usually use 3 or 4 rolls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SilverOcean84
by Cindy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Depending on how long and puffy you want I suggest using elastic band and about 100 yards of tulle (if you use the rolls which are 6 inches by 25 yards). Double up on the strands and it'll puff out. Here is a few Ive made that are about your daughter's size.

mbluste
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Here are 2 of my really puffy ones, these fit baby to 7yrs 

rebecca_tal4
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Now I'm worried lol!!! I bought 5 yards of three colors, should I go get some more before I start???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Are they rolls of tulle or like from Joann's? If the latter, you should be fine. My oldest DD is the same size and it only took about 10 yards to make her tutu for her Halloween costume.

Quoting rebecca_tal4:

Now I'm worried lol!!! I bought 5 yards of three colors, should I go get some more before I start???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebecca_tal4
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM
It's like the ones from joann's... The kind they cut at the fabric counter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)