Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Feeling Blue

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am a new mommy of a beautiful 10 day old girl. I am filled with all this emotions happiness, joy, love, and sadness. The sadness is hard to deal with at times just for the fact that I am alone most of the day plus at night it is just me as well. My husband works out of a union hall so he sporadically has jobs come up. Would you know it he gets a nice long span of work right when the baby is born. So I am home alone most of the day and at night my husband sleeps. So for 24 hours it is me and the baby. My family is supportive which is good they come over when they can to help out. They all work too and I can't expect them to drop everything. I also had an unexpected c-section so I can't drive or go up the stairs. I am just feeling very isolated. Being a new mom I worry about everything and it is just nice to have someone there to help calm me down or ensure me that everything is fine.  I want my husband to be home too to bond with the baby.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lionpaw
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs!

congrats on the new bundle!

I've been there feeling so many different emotions after birth. Its easier to say than do, but relax!

he will bond with the little one no problem. From what I hear and have scene, guys bond and do more with babies when they do more than just sleep and poop. :)

have any hobbies?

mamadani87
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to write I actually have a journal and I write poetry but I haven't done much writing since the baby has come home. I just feel like I am constantly wondering if I am doing everything right for the baby. Checking her breathing making sure she is laying right in bed and reading the enormous amount of papers the hospital and pediatriciangave me. I feel like I am on information overload. Thank you for the encouragement.

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
((Hugs))
Hang in there!!
Enjoy your new baby and try to focus on the good things!
It can definitely be hard and overwhelming at times - especially with limited sleep!
It'll get easier!!
Congratulations on your baby!:)

Make yourself at home here!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

((Hugs))
Hang in there!!
Enjoy your new baby and try to focus on the good things!
It can definitely be hard and overwhelming at times - especially with limited sleep!
It'll get easier!!
Congratulations on your baby!:)

Make yourself at home here!

I agree with this.

Remember if you start feeling yourself get too blue see your doctor. (((HUGS)))

Caitlyn137
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Meetup.com for mom groups once ur physically able to go .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN