Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pea-like poop (NO PICTURE!!) *UPDATE 2*

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 15 Replies
My 2 year old has been pooping almost clear liquid and pea-like things. She ate peas on Tuesday but not many. That night she threw up what looked like chicken or maybe pasta. No fever, just woke up and puked. Yesterday she had really bad diarrhea. Pure liquid with these things that looked like peas. This happened about 5 times. Today she seemed fine. Until a few hours ago. Again with the diarrhea. Is it possible she is still pooping peas?! Like I said she didn't have many. Could these things be a sign of something wrong with her digestive system?

*UPDATE* Karleigh seemed fine this morning and about an hour ago she had diarrhea again. It was all up her back, her stomach and legs. Again it was pure liquid but the liquid was green this time. Still had the pea looking balls. Her appointment is at 4:20pm.

*UPDATE 2* Doctor said it's possibly a stomach bug and to give her Gatorade. Good thing I took her in because her ear infection wasn't fully healed so we got more abtibiotics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I would call the doctor to see if clear round "pebbles"are something to worry about.  

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM
They're not clear. They look exactly like peas/mashed peas. The liquid part is kind of clear though...

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would call the doctor to see if clear round "pebbles"are something to worry about.  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Oh ok, sorry i misunderstood.   Sometimes that happens to me that peas are not being digested correctly.  I had to stop eating corn for this reason and the pain i would get after eating it.  Are they the bright green peas or the baby peas which are the darker paler green?  I would still just call and ask the doctor.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

They're not clear. They look exactly like peas/mashed peas. The liquid part is kind of clear though...

Quoting frndlyfn:

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I don't know where you live but here in Ms. there is a stomach bug going around.It starts with a horrible headache.After a couple of hours you get real light headed and then your stomach starts to hurt.After that you can't keep anything down...from both ends!!When I caught it it took about 5 days to go away.The doctor says there is nothing to do about it but wait it out and that some people have been sick for a week or more.

Keep an eye on her and hope she feels better soon.Hopefully it isn't this horrible bug.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I wrote it all confusing lol. They're bright green. Not lime green or anything.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Oh ok, sorry i misunderstood.   Sometimes that happens to me that peas are not being digested correctly.  I had to stop eating corn for this reason and the pain i would get after eating it.  Are they the bright green peas or the baby peas which are the darker paler green?  I would still just call and ask the doctor.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting frndlyfn:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I'm in NJ. She seems fine though. Besides the poop. She's still running around and everything. No signs of pain except her butt which is really red. :/

Quoting brandyblx:

I don't know where you live but here in Ms. there is a stomach bug going around.It starts with a horrible headache.After a couple of hours you get real light headed and then your stomach starts to hurt.After that you can't keep anything down...from both ends!!When I caught it it took about 5 days to go away.The doctor says there is nothing to do about it but wait it out and that some people have been sick for a week or more.

Keep an eye on her and hope she feels better soon.Hopefully it isn't this horrible bug.

gregsgrl04
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM
My son has had this too!!! But he didn't eat peas...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM
This is so weird.

Quoting gregsgrl04:

My son has had this too!!! But he didn't eat peas...
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Bump for update!
lorirose
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM
My grandson had it to. He was fine except the diarrhea. It lasted about 4 days. His was clear liquid with what looked like peas too and he hadnt eaten any peas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN