Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I filed my taxes on the 22nd of January. They were accepted by the IRS on the 1st of Feb. Feb 5th, the status changed back to pending. Last Saturday, I got a letter 12c from the IRS stating that i hadn't filled out a form regarding estimated tax payments. I didn't make any estimated tax payments, nor was I required to. I called them and was told the letter was probably sent by mistake and to fax it back, along with a note telling them that I didn't make any estimated tax payments. I did that a few days ago and was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to hear back from them. I'm kind of worried we're going to get audited or something and the people I get ahold of when I call don't seem to know anything. They just keep saying there's nothing in my file that would have caused the letter to get sent in the first place. I'm getting so frustrated!!!!

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Replies (11-12):
kttycat84
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

The software was free and easy...definitely not a software problem. It's a simple return with a single w2 and a single 1099. I'm guessing if the IRS can't tell me how to fix it because they don't know what's wrong then a CPA wouldn't be much help either. I hope it all gets figured out too...thanks :)

Quoting AjsMom0508:

This is why I hire a CPA to do my return. If anything like this were to crop up he would have it straightened out for me. I know a lot of people use the software but it seems to be more hassle than it's worth. I have no idea what your letter means. Hopefully you can get it figured out without an audit.

kttycat84
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I'm glad you got every thing sorted out. I'm glad I don't have your SS#...seems like a lot of trouble! I decided not to wait until Wednesday and called again and they said they still don't know why I got the letter or what I need to send them to fix it. I am beyond annoyed...they won't give me another number to call or anything.

Quoting Loveconner10:

I called the IRS today!  They applied someone's 13,000 tax payment for this year to my SS# !!  Crazy huh.  They said the number was 1 off from mine so it was their mistake.  Things like this is what happened with my history of fraud to my ss#. Someone bought a house this past year with my ss#, but it was the banks fault. They processed all of it under my ss# because it was "1 number off". grrrr. Ive been through alot with my SS#!! I think i need a new one!  SO hopefully everything is resovled. I am sending a letter still.   Hope yours get resolved too!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN