Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to put up with this! *how do I tell her that I don't wanna be in her wedding anymore

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok so my cousin is getting married,& I'm a bridesmaids, at first I was kind of nervous to be in her wedding because I know how bad her attitude is, but I said forget it,ya know? I'll do it, it shouldn't be that bad...I know weddings and stuff can be stressful but this girl is out of her mind!last week at the dress fitting she had a fit, and started screaming,& cursing at all of us inside the store, she then called one of the other bridesmaids fat,& told her she needs to go on a diet, I understand that she wants everyone to look the same,but she has a huge wedding party & we're all different shapes,&sizes...I'm a size 6, which means someone who Is a size 18,or a size 20 can't wear the samething that I wear,we're a built different,and the girls told her they didn't feel comfortable wearing that,she then threw another tantrum....her wedding is in a month and she's been planning this for the last year, & she waited last minute to do all this stuff...Another thing is she has a maid of honor but her maid of honor does NOTHING! Soo she basically calls me atleast 10x a day asking me to do stuff for the wedding,or asking me to let everybody know even we're having a meeting,etc...& if I don't do it when she asks me she leaves me like 10 voicemails! I'm pretty much over this! It's a headache and lots of stress that I don't need,
My kids can still be in the wedding, but how do I tell her that I want out?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
InvisibleHorse
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
"Look bitch, fuck off".

I have no real advice, but it sounds like this has been going on for a while. I would maybe tell her you aren't her maid of honor and you know she's frustrated, but she's taking it out on the wrong person. Cussing her out is completely your choice. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

LOL that is what I would say in my head for sure.

I don't know what I'd really say though.  She sounds awful.

Quoting InvisibleHorse:

"Look bitch, fuck off".

I have no real advice, but it sounds like this has been going on for a while. I would maybe tell her you aren't her maid of honor and you know she's frustrated, but she's taking it out on the wrong person. Cussing her out is completely your choice. Lol

shoot4thestars
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Flat out tell her that you don't appreciate the way she is treating people and until she changes and acts like an adult, you are not going to participate.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I would tell her straight up that she's acting like an insufferable cunt, her wedding is not the focal point of everyone else's lives, her wedding is ONLY important to HER, no one else.  That her shitty attitude has made you realize that this is way more stress than you were willing to take on and you're done, you don't want to be in the wedding and that's that.

kris0921
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Just sit her down and tell her. Either you make your maid of honor do all the stuff sge is supposed to or I am out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Something suddenly came "UP"

LOL yeah I would be backing out as well....I hate bridezillas

MeandMyBabes
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I agree with just telling her. It's an important day for her, but that's no reason to treat people like that. 

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM

You've dealt with it this long, should have spoken up a long time ago. The wedding is in a month, just stick it out at this point. 

pamelax3
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I would just tell her,

jen_keiko
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM

just tell her flat out that you can't be in the wedding if she doesn't start treating you with some respect. also bring up the MOH issue. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)