Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moms who selectively vax...

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 40 Replies
When my dd was a baby (she's 6 now) I blindly vaccinated her. The doc told me what was recommended and I went with it. I have a 6 week old ds now and for my own (pretty crazy) reasons I would like to at least delay some vaccinations, possibly forego a couple. I've tried looking into them individually but l don't know where to start...they all seem necessary. =/

How do you decide what to delay and what to skip?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I stopped giving my DD poisons almost 3 years ago,,,, She is so much healthier now. Hewr only issue is her ears. She gets ear infections very very often I think she may need tubes...BUT that is a family thing. My brother and I always had ear infections a few of my cousins had tubes. But overall she is healthy and poison free.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

kitty8199
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
None are needed. But look into normal presentation of the disease. It's not what you're told when being told to vax.
Prevalence, mode of transmission (you'd be surprised how many are from feces)
Then read the package insert if each vaccine. Read side effects and what the vaccine is supposed to do (not all prevent disease and weren't designed to)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJH78
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

The only one we've skipped was the rotavirus it only lasts about 6 mos and the risk is more dehydration, as really it's a stomach bug. All the others we did at a slower pace 2 max at a time. My daughter is almost three and we've delayed the MMR and Chickenpox vaccines...we don't do flu shots. I read the book The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. If my daughter has the slightest sign of any illness at all we don't vaccinate. You can get Detox drops to give your LO from 2 weeks before a vaccine to 2 weeks after to minimize side affects of the vaccines.

flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

ooh I'm actually in your same boat with my daughter. Here's a bump for ya!

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
My dd is fully vaxed and still gets ear infections 2x's a year at least. I don't think that's related. :)

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I stopped giving my DD poisons almost 3 years ago,,,, She is so much healthier now. Hewr only issue is her ears. She gets ear infections very very often I think she may need tubes...BUT that is a family thing. My brother and I always had ear infections a few of my cousins had tubes. But overall she is healthy and poison free.

kitty8199
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Vaccines are linked to chronic ear infections. Its in the package inserts.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

My dd is fully vaxed and still gets ear infections 2x's a year at least. I don't think that's related. :)

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM
But I've read about how often we are actually exposed to feces...its rather disgusting...basically everything we touch. =/

Quoting kitty8199:

None are needed. But look into normal presentation of the disease. It's not what you're told when being told to vax.

Prevalence, mode of transmission (you'd be surprised how many are from feces)

Then read the package insert if each vaccine. Read side effects and what the vaccine is supposed to do (not all prevent disease and weren't designed to)
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM
She said she doesn't vax but her dd gets ear infections. I was just letting her know that not getting vaxed isn't the cause :)

Quoting kitty8199:

Vaccines are linked to chronic ear infections. Its in the package inserts.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM
So how do you decide which to delay? If you don't follow the schedule, don't you end up getting backed up towards the end?

Quoting KJH78:

The only one we've skipped was the rotavirus it only lasts about 6 mos and the risk is more dehydration, as really it's a stomach bug. All the others we did at a slower pace 2 max at a time. My daughter is almost three and we've delayed the MMR and Chickenpox vaccines...we don't do flu shots. I read the book The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. If my daughter has the slightest sign of any illness at all we don't vaccinate. You can get Detox drops to give your LO from 2 weeks before a vaccine to 2 weeks after to minimize side affects of the vaccines.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I would talk to your doctor. My doctor is very open to selective vaxing, hopefully yours is too and will explain everything clearly and impartially. If you don't feel he/she is, keep researching or find a new doctor to talk to. Here, you're more likely to get a heated debate instead of real answers you're looking for. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)