Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my dog broke her leg Update!!! 2nd update !!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 18 Replies
Update 2. I just it home from my grandmothers funeral and she is almost fully walking on her leg !!!! I'm so glad.! I hope that in her old he she will learn not to jump off the porch or chase animals on our property but from what dh told me, when she was a puppy,( he has had her since he was born, I have her as mine since 2009 at age 6-7). She won't learn! Stubborn ass ( hmm much like us ). Just wanted to let y'all know

Idk what happened. She was hanging out with me in the garage barking at the neighbors. Like normal called her in and she was limping like crazy. And not the I have something in my paw kinda pain. And I just noticed she has blood all under her Maine ( Shelty mix ) But I can't find a source. My poor baby I think she got into a fight

Update: She is doing better. Putting a little pressure on her leg and it is not swollen I think she just sprained it There is also no blood anywhere so it must have been blood from whoever she got into a fight with. I am going to keep a closer he on her tonight an tomorrow and if things don't improve more by Monday morning we will head to the vet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Wash the blood off and see if you can find an injury. I hope she is ok!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I had the same fright one time. It ended up being that my dog ate part of a bird and rolled in it. Yuck!
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM
I think the blood is coming from her mouth but I don't think it is hers. We are in the recliners now but I think I am going to move her to my bed

Quoting ScrChk23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Did you hear any loud barking or whimpering? It sounds possible. Are there any fences she could have caught get leg on?

Quoting Fields456:

I think the blood is coming from her mouth but I don't think it is hers. We are in the recliners now but I think I am going to move her to my bed

Quoting ScrChk23:

ATG499
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Are you serious? Take her to the damn vet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ali_1107
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww poor girl :0(. I hand raised my Pomeranian/chihuahua mix from 1 week old. When he was 4 months my daughter was carrying him and he got the case of mighty dog in him (so the vet says) and he broke and dislocated his tibia bone just from landing on it wrong. How old is she? The younger they are, the more delicate the bones are. If she cannot bare any weight, and is "screeching" in pain, shaking, not eating or drinking water.. then odds are that she broke it and she needs to be seen by your vet. Best of luck to you and her both!!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Hopefully the neighbors didn't get fed up with her barking and take matters into their own hands?

Rinse her mouth with water, wait 30 secs, then look for fresh blood.  If there is blood on her leg and you can't find a source, perhaps shave her leg with an electric razor with the 1 inch attachment?  If you really think her leg is BROKEN call the emergency vet and get her in.  If she might have just injured it then keep her resting and see how she does when everything starts to open for the day.

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM
She only whimpers when I move her. But she is snuggled up in bed with me right now peacefully sleeping Its possible she got hung in a fence but all the blood I found on her wasnt hers (I don't think) because I haven't found any wounds on her

Quoting ScrChk23:

Did you hear any loud barking or whimpering? It sounds possible. Are there any fences she could have caught get leg on?

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Trust me I will today (if it doesn't turn out to just be a bD sprain which I wil be able to tell the difference when she wakes up ) This all just happened with in the last 30 min she is currently passed out peacefully next to me in bed

Quoting ATG499:

Are you serious? Take her to the damn vet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM
She is 10 I think. She was my dhs dog he had her since birth but him and his mom can't remember exactly how ind she is ( I know sad ). She has been my baby since summer if. 2009 but I am pretty sure from what the have said she is 10 give or take a year

Quoting ali_1107:

Aww poor girl :0(. I hand raised my Pomeranian/chihuahua mix from 1 week old. When he was 4 months my daughter was carrying him and he got the case of mighty dog in him (so the vet says) and he broke and dislocated his tibia bone just from landing on it wrong. How old is she? The younger they are, the more delicate the bones are. If she cannot bare any weight, and is "screeching" in pain, shaking, not eating or drinking water.. then odds are that she broke it and she needs to be seen by your vet. Best of luck to you and her both!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)