Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my dog broke her leg Update!!! 2nd update !!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Update 2. I just it home from my grandmothers funeral and she is almost fully walking on her leg !!!! I'm so glad.! I hope that in her old he she will learn not to jump off the porch or chase animals on our property but from what dh told me, when she was a puppy,( he has had her since he was born, I have her as mine since 2009 at age 6-7). She won't learn! Stubborn ass ( hmm much like us ). Just wanted to let y'all know

Idk what happened. She was hanging out with me in the garage barking at the neighbors. Like normal called her in and she was limping like crazy. And not the I have something in my paw kinda pain. And I just noticed she has blood all under her Maine ( Shelty mix ) But I can't find a source. My poor baby I think she got into a fight

Update: She is doing better. Putting a little pressure on her leg and it is not swollen I think she just sprained it There is also no blood anywhere so it must have been blood from whoever she got into a fight with. I am going to keep a closer he on her tonight an tomorrow and if things don't improve more by Monday morning we will head to the vet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Replies (11-18):
ATG499
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Okay, good. It sounded like this happened a few hours earlier, hence the attitude. Hope it's not too bad for her or your wallet!

Quoting Fields456:

Trust me I will today (if it doesn't turn out to just be a bD sprain which I wil be able to tell the difference when she wakes up ) This all just happened with in the last 30 min she is currently passed out peacefully next to me in bed

Quoting ATG499:

Are you serious? Take her to the damn vet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Lol no it wasnt the neighbors their bedroom is at least 3:4 of an acre from our fence Abd I didn't hear them near it. I also whipped her down and found no source of blood. I'm thinking whatever she was barking at didn't fair to well in the fight. She is peacefully passed out next to me in bed. So I'm hopping it is just a bad sprain when she wakes up we will see if it isn't any better I will take her to our vet

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Hopefully the neighbors didn't get fed up with her barking and take matters into their own hands?

Rinse her mouth with water, wait 30 secs, then look for fresh blood.  If there is blood on her leg and you can't find a source, perhaps shave her leg with an electric razor with the 1 inch attachment?  If you really think her leg is BROKEN call the emergency vet and get her in.  If she might have just injured it then keep her resting and see how she does when everything starts to open for the day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM
No attitude sorry if It came off that way. I'm super sleepy yet wide awake worried about her. It happened within the last 2 hours not sure when.
Wait did u mean attitude from you ? Lol

Quoting ATG499:

Okay, good. It sounded like this happened a few hours earlier, hence the attitude. Hope it's not too bad for her or your wallet!

Quoting Fields456:

Trust me I will today (if it doesn't turn out to just be a bD sprain which I wil be able to tell the difference when she wakes up ) This all just happened with in the last 30 min she is currently passed out peacefully next to me in bed

Quoting ATG499:

Are you serious? Take her to the damn vet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Sounds like the dog got into a fight an probably sprained its leg. If she will bare any weight on it, chances are very slim it's broke. If she is still in pain and limping this morning, call your vet and have it looked at just to be sure. They can also tell you how much aspirin to give her for pain.

My last dog had also developed arthritis at that age so any excessive jumping would make him limp around for a few days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Why was she allowed so far away that you wouldn't notice or see? You just let an unleashed dog wander?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ta417
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:58 AM
My lab/sheltie mix sprained his knee on Monday. He was limping and hoping on 3 legs, I took him to the vet and he is on pain reliever and an anti inflammatory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:14 PM
She is putting just alittle weight on her leg today. Not much so I think it is just sprained.

Quoting jobberwocky:

Sounds like the dog got into a fight an probably sprained its leg. If she will bare any weight on it, chances are very slim it's broke. If she is still in pain and limping this morning, call your vet and have it looked at just to be sure. They can also tell you how much aspirin to give her for pain.

My last dog had also developed arthritis at that age so any excessive jumping would make him limp around for a few days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
We live on Half an acre she was on our property she jus happened to be behind our house not in the garage where I was watching a movie.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Why was she allowed so far away that you wouldn't notice or see? You just let an unleashed dog wander?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN