Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Menstrul cramps,lower belly tenderness,and Charlie horse like cramping

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 15 Replies

So here it goes........ I am 12weeks and 3 days pregnant and in the middle of the night, I woke up with Charlie horse like cramping in my belly.... I have been feeling tender for three days or so, and mild lperiod like cramping in belly and back... I have 2 other children,but they are 8 yrs apart so I kinda forget what this is like... I spoke with the doc.. He said this CAN be normal.. What the hell , I'm going insane.. Please anybody have any advise....?????

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like round ligament(sp) pain. It's because you are starting to stretch out those ligaments.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
My uterus has been a pain in the ass. It has been 7 yrs since my last pregnancy and so now I feel like its my first time. I'm sore all the time in my pelvic area. My muscles around my uterus hurt like hell. So I know what you're going through. I don't get period cramps, but I do get gas cramps and cramps when I wait too long to eat.
Kitschy
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Round ligament pain. IMO, the worst part of pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Ligaments stretching and maybe some dehydration.
Corinnesingh
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Thanks so much for your response , it's greatly appreciated.

Corinnesingh
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I hope u r feeling better soon... At the same time , I am released to know I am not alone ... It is very scary when u r unsure isn't it? Almost feel like its new..

grandmotherof6
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM

cramps in your leg could be a sign of low potassium,  you can take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass or water, you can add honey too it, of drink some coconut water, of you can drink a bottle powerade, all 3 is high in K+, and it want hurt the baby either, the vinegar is good for gas and heartburns also,  and I had a lot of heartburns when I was pregnant with my twins

angevil53
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Sounds normal. The charlie horses will probably get worse though:( they do the farther i get in pregnancy.
grandmotherof6
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I am sorry, I read post wrong, I thought you was having cramps in your leg,  Have you been having good bowel movements? if you are not constipated, then it may be your body is stretching and growing dued to your baby. if it gets too severe go back to your doctor.

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Totally normal. I had it with all 3 kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN