Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Midnight Chocolate Brownie Anyone??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 15 Replies

Yeah, I bake at weird hours and last night was no exception. Dh said he wanted dessert and of course I didnt make any because we never have dessert but I figured, what the hell? Brownies are pretty easy to whip up, right? I dunno, I've never made brownies before. 

My cooking motto? When in doubt, Pinterest. 

Pinterest is just like a free online cooking book that pulls recipes from all over the world for your baking pleasure. I love Pinterest!

I found this AMAZING cinnamon chocolate brownie recipe! I thought cinnamon was a pretty interesting ingredient in a brownie (TWO whole teaspoon of it!) but what the hell? I went with it. 

*Drum roll please!!*

Um, YUM! These brownies are so incredibly moist and delicious that I just had to share with you ladies! I opted to not make the frosting because I believe all the flavor should be in the brownie and boy was it! These bad boys seriously don't need any external frosting help, just gobble 'em as they are! 

Enjoy ladies!

Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies

Author: 
Recipe type: dessert
Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  

Serves: 24

Rich chocolate brownies with lots of cinnamon!
Ingredients
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups sugar
  • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • For frosting
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

• For The Frosting
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
  • ¼ cup milk

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
  2. In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cocoa powder.
  3. In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar mixture. Add eggs one at at time until well blended. Add in vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Spread in prepared pan.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from pan. Let cool completely before frosting.
  5. For the frosting:
  6. In a mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and melted chocolate. In a separate bowl, combine confectioners sugar and cinnamon. Gradually add sugar mixture to butter, beating until well blended. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Carefully and slowly beat in the milk until frosting is smooth.

Note:

Ok, so these are what MINE look like, I'm not a food photographer lol so they don't look amazing as that picture above. But I wanted to share with you that what I did for minimal cleanup was lay parchment paper vertically and horizontally in my baking dish that so when the time came to dish up my brownies I just lifted the whole thing out of the pan and sliced! No fuss, no mess and perfect delicious brownie edges! Yum!

(You can see the clean pan in the backround that i baked them in!)

Deliciousness!

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happehcrone
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I am SO gonna make those!  Tomorrow I think....ooohhhh they look YUMMAH!  Thanks! 8)

HAHA yeahhh...so I showed these to my husband and now I'm DEFINITELY making them tomorrow XD

Lionpaw
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM
That looks great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Yummy!
Please pass them my way :)

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Oh wow those look amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Why are you still awake? :)

Quoting jconney80:

Oh wow those look amazing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sburst
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Looks yummy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
noahsmommie704
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Do you taste the cinnamon alot?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM

i can tell by the flour to butter ratio with this recipe that they're really really sticky

i love cocoa brownies, the 2 cups of sugar here probably put them on the sweet side, but the cinnamon(wowsa, that IS  a lot) probably cuts it a bit

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Yum!!!

happehcrone
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I just made them...I thought some of the measurements were a bit odd too but they are AMAZING!!

Quoting ninipanini:

i can tell by the flour to butter ratio with this recipe that they're really really sticky

i love cocoa brownies, the 2 cups of sugar here probably put them on the sweet side, but the cinnamon(wowsa, that IS  a lot) probably cuts it a bit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)