Yeah, I bake at weird hours and last night was no exception. Dh said he wanted dessert and of course I didnt make any because we never have dessert but I figured, what the hell? Brownies are pretty easy to whip up, right? I dunno, I've never made brownies before.
My cooking motto? When in doubt, Pinterest.
Pinterest is just like a free online cooking book that pulls recipes from all over the world for your baking pleasure. I love Pinterest!
I found this AMAZING cinnamon chocolate brownie recipe! I thought cinnamon was a pretty interesting ingredient in a brownie (TWO whole teaspoon of it!) but what the hell? I went with it.
*Drum roll please!!*
Um, YUM! These brownies are so incredibly moist and delicious that I just had to share with you ladies! I opted to not make the frosting because I believe all the flavor should be in the brownie and boy was it! These bad boys seriously don't need any external frosting help, just gobble 'em as they are!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- For The Frosting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar mixture. Add eggs one at at time until well blended. Add in vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from pan. Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting:
- In a mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and melted chocolate. In a separate bowl, combine confectioners sugar and cinnamon. Gradually add sugar mixture to butter, beating until well blended. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Carefully and slowly beat in the milk until frosting is smooth.
Ok, so these are what MINE look like, I'm not a food photographer lol so they don't look amazing as that picture above. But I wanted to share with you that what I did for minimal cleanup was lay parchment paper vertically and horizontally in my baking dish that so when the time came to dish up my brownies I just lifted the whole thing out of the pan and sliced! No fuss, no mess and perfect delicious brownie edges! Yum!
(You can see the clean pan in the backround that i baked them in!)