Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you seen Argo? Why did it win?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

I watched it last night for the first time. I know it won Best Film at the Oscar's but I can't understand why. It was, no doubt, a great movie but not that good. Ben Affleck is a great actor and all movies he is in are pretty much awesome. But I still can't undetstand why it won Best Film out of all of the movies of 2012. That's just my opinion. What do you think?

juggling

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I haven't watched it, so I can't say (and the storyline has little appeal to me, so doubt I ever will).

IMO, most of the movies that win Best Picture aren't really good enough to be deserving of it. One reason why I don't fall into the hype of the Oscars. 

PestPatti
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Very simple, the Oscars are voted on by members of the academy, not the moving going public.  

SparklePants
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Argo won because Oscar voters felt guilty over the backlash from not nominating Ben Affleck for best director.

Due9
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Ah ha, that makes sense.

Quoting SparklePants:

Argo won because Oscar voters felt guilty over the backlash from not nominating Ben Affleck for best director.

juggling

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I wondered that too I guess because it is a remake of an older movie like it. I really thought it was just so so

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)