Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What age did you or will you start your kids in sports ?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am starting my soon to be 3 (April) in t-ball and soccer this year. They are both 3-4 year old leagues. I think he will have a blast in them. He loves playing sports already
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

My son started baseball at 3 years old.  Tball actually.  My oldest daughter was the same.  I also started swim lessons around that time.  My youngest started dance at 2 and a half.

Twins759
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM

As soon as I can find skates in his size I will teach him how to play hockey.  And baseball  this summer. H already started playing catch with us. He will be 1 on Friday.  I was taught how to play most sports at the same age from my dad. 

kitty8199
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
When she its old enough to understand. They have soccer for 2 year olds here. They won't understand and will just run around. I want her to actually know its a game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM

my daughter started swimming and dance when she was 3...and has done various ones thru the last few years (shes 8)

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I agree. My cousin signed her daughter up for soccer at 1 1/2 but wasn't old enough to understand at all. Here they don't start sports till 3 but that is fine with me :)

Quoting kitty8199:

When she its old enough to understand. They have soccer for 2 year olds here. They won't understand and will just run around. I want her to actually know its a game.

kitty8199
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I'm thinking tee ball at 3. She should get it by then

Quoting Tipsen:

I agree. My cousin signed her daughter up for soccer at 1 1/2 but wasn't old enough to understand at all. Here they don't start sports till 3 but that is fine with me :)

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

we'll give ds options and he can choose something, were gonna start him at 4 see which stuff he likes, hopfully he wont be like me and jump from thing to thing to thing though lol

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM
These wont go on at the same time. That would be too much :) t-ball is spring and soccer is late summer into fall

Quoting redbutterfly666:

we'll give ds options and he can choose something, were gonna start him at 4 see which stuff he likes, hopfully he wont be like me and jump from thing to thing to thing though lol

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
My oldest was in rec soccer at 4. Today he is almost 17 & will be a senior next fall & has played every season but one- seasons with rec soccer were spring & fall! I think he missed one fall due to my work schedule & practices being at 5pm (I didn't get off til 530).

My other kids don't play sports (lack of interest) but the youngest who will be 4 soon wants to play soccer! I'm very excited for this!
CountYouTwice
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Started soccer at 3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN