Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What age did you or will you start your kids in sports ?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am starting my soon to be 3 (April) in t-ball and soccer this year. They are both 3-4 year old leagues. I think he will have a blast in them. He loves playing sports already
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Sports start at 4 here.
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:39 AM
My dd started swim at 1. Gymnastics at 3, basketball at 4 and soccer at 5. She loves sports!

Ds started swim at 2. Tried gymnastics at 3 and hated it and we are going to try soccer soon. He just turned 4. He doesn't seem to like sports.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM
DD has done dance (ballet and tap) continually since 3.
She tried soccer at 4.
She tried pom at 5.
She was on the swim team at 6.
And this summer she's swimming with the same team again (I see her sticking with it as she has with dance).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM
We started them both at 2 2/1. Even before then we took part in the parent included dance and sport stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM

My little fish (6)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Lets see, my oldest started gymnastics and soccer at 3. Played that until he was 5 in the spring and then switched to tball. He started play football in the fall when he was 4.5. He does gymnastics in summer/winter.

My youngest has played 2seasons of soccer. He is 4 and we will probably do spring and fall soccer this year and then let him try baseball and football next year. We feted gymnastics but he was asked to leave because he was being a butt lol. He has severe combined type adhd and just wouldng follow directions at that time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM
My dd will be 5 next month and she will start soccer this year!
AFWifeNMom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
We started my DD when she was 4, we try another sport every year until she finds something she loves.

She is almost 7 an has tried

T-ball(2 seasons)
Soccer(2 seasons)
Cheer Leading(currently)

So far we have learned that it is better for her to play an individual sport like swimming or maybe tennis. She is not big on teamwork:-(
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My son was signed up for Hockey Learn to Play this past fall.  He loves it!! He is now completely obsessed with it.  I got him a puck when I went to the Blackhawks game and he sleeps with it.  So sweet!!  He is 5.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

My SS seems to be the same way, not too big on team play.  We will probably put him in wrestling at some point.  That is what his dad did in school.

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

We started my DD when she was 4, we try another sport every year until she finds something she loves.

She is almost 7 an has tried

T-ball(2 seasons)
Soccer(2 seasons)
Cheer Leading(currently)

So far we have learned that it is better for her to play an individual sport like swimming or maybe tennis. She is not big on teamwork:-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)