Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What age did you or will you start your kids in sports ?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am starting my soon to be 3 (April) in t-ball and soccer this year. They are both 3-4 year old leagues. I think he will have a blast in them. He loves playing sports already
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Awesome!!  I loved soccer.  I played for 11 years.

Quoting MommyLehr:

My dd will be 5 next month and she will start soccer this year!

noahscott
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM

i started my son in t-ball at 4. They don't let them play any sooner out here. He's going to be 6 this year and i have him in t-ball and hockey.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

My son will start T-ball next year when he is 5.

OneToughMami
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
At 7 my husband, who is a trained wrestler, started teaching her the classic Olympic style. She is going to be joining a team in the fall.
thickmamaof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM
My son is five and starts t ball next month. I might get my daughter in dance soon. She is 3
christina0607
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Our boys started later. My middle son was 8 and my younger son is 7. They both play baseball.

They just showed no interest before that. 

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

mine is 7 and im getting him into something this spring.

AjsMom0508
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Ds will be starting t-ball this year at 5. I don't plan to put him in any other sport. Baseball is a slight obsession in our family. We all love it and he has the same love. It's the only sport he has asked to play.
Kmary
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My son turns 5 in a couple weeks and this coming Spring will be his first time doing an organized sport.  He'll be playing Tball and is very excited about it.  I'm pretty old school when it comes to this stuff and I personally (I mean no disrespect, just my personal feelings) that this new trend of starting sports at ridiclously young ages is pretty silly.  My area has soccer for 2 year olds and even slightly younger and quite frankly, I think it's not much more than a gimmick.  Those parents are paying a fee for their toddler to run around a field and occasionally chase a ball. I went to a free class to check it out so I'm not just speculating.   I can do that with my kids for free and I do all the time! 

christina0607
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

It really nothing more than organized play at that point. Even tball at the of 5 is really. but you do it because the kids think it's fun. They'll have drills for your 5yo, but it's really not learning the sport until about 7ish. 

Quoting Kmary:

My son turns 5 in a couple weeks and this coming Spring will be his first time doing an organized sport.  He'll be playing Tball and is very excited about it.  I'm pretty old school when it comes to this stuff and I personally (I mean no disrespect, just my personal feelings) that this new trend of starting sports at ridiclously young ages is pretty silly.  My area has soccer for 2 year olds and even slightly younger and quite frankly, I think it's not much more than a gimmick.  Those parents are paying a fee for their toddler to run around a field and occasionally chase a ball. I went to a free class to check it out so I'm not just speculating.   I can do that with my kids for free and I do all the time! 

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)