Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Your told your dh or so died. You moved on in life He returns?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
  • 21 Replies

Assuming your married or in a relationship.   Assuming they were either military and died during active duty.   Maybe on a trip for business or personal.  You are told your s.o. died a tragic death.  There is no body to return to you for proper funeral/burial.  That body was so badly destroyed.  There was no remains of any sort to give you. You are told their remains were positively identified as your s.o.  You are given a death certificate for their death. But in reality someone made a mistake who they identified as dead.  Time passes. Maybe a couple years. You move on.  You might get remarried or find a new love.  Things are going good for you and your kids if you have any.  Your done grieving for your deceased s.o.  One day your supposed deceased s.o. shows up at your door.  Honey I'm home.  You look at him in shock.  Umm your suppose to be dead.   He tells you of the tragic accident/injuries.  How it put them in another world. Like amnesia or something. They recently come out of it.  They realized they had a s.o. Or they say they were a POW MIA from war. The military just assumed they were dead. Since they did not know where your s.o. was   So the s.o. came back looking for you.  How would you react.  I don't know how I'd react.  I had a strange dream the other week about a friend and this.  Her 1s dh did really die of cancer.  She is remarried.  But in the dream her 1st dh shows up at the door. Honey I'm home.  She looked at him.  Then I woke up not knowing what the friend did.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyGsMommy11
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
To me this situation is impossible and I can't fathom it happening. Damn lack of imagination.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM
That's crazy. I don't know how I would react.
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I keep thinking of a episode on MASH  Someone assumes Hawkeye Pierce is dead. They confused him with someone with a similar name or something.  He stops getting his military pay and all that.  They had to go through paperwork to make him alive again. 

Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Sounds like a story plot on every soap.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM

No idea.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Hahahahaha Y&R is doing that storyline with Avery like this between Dylan(lost love) and Nick(new love)........ and i'm not sure how i would handle that situation !

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, first, I would probably pass out. Then wake up and pass out again. Then I'd probably wake up and cry. Then I'd sue the people who screwed up so badly. After that, I'd have to become a polygamist so I could be married to both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I wouldn't remarry so that would not be an issue. I would honestly have a hard time coping and I know it. That is just part of my issues. But we would work it out and life would start back up for us.  

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Well if I was not remarried then I would probably be very shocked and excited. If I wee remarried then obviously the situation would be way different and I have no real idea what I would do.
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM

That would be me too.  I would never remarry after dh passes. He's the love of my life for all eternity.  But I would be in severe shock.  To see him show up at my door.  I'd be wondering if it was really him.  Or a person who looked very closely like dh.  

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I wouldn't remarry so that would not be an issue. I would honestly have a hard time coping and I know it. That is just part of my issues. But we would work it out and life would start back up for us.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)