Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Using WHAT to prevent getting pregnant? ....

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

I know these work great for periods. No leaking issues. People also use them for conception (fill with sperm). How is it different then a diaphragm? You could fill it with spermicidal lube and then have sex (you can have sex with them while on your period without leaking too). So howcome they are not used as BC? No bashing, just curious.

ETA I cant take hormones, and my body rejected my IUD twice.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ERMAGERRD
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

bump

DieselsMom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

No idea, I've heard of people using them to GET pregnant....to keep the spermies from falling out...

Jubileee
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I used them to help GET pregnant with my ds lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ERMAGERRD
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Yep me too. I figure, if it works to keep stuff IN why wouldnt it work to keep stuff OUT? Especailly filled with spermicide. 

Quoting DieselsMom:

No idea, I've heard of people using them to GET pregnant....to keep the spermies from falling out...

ERMAGERRD
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

lol!

Quoting Jubileee:

I used them to help GET pregnant with my ds lol

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Why bother with it if you are already using a spermicide?  Try talking to your OB/GYN about a cervical cap!  Or, they have a spermicidal sponge that is basically the EXACT same thing.  I usually find those over by the pregnancy tests.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

no clue.

Marimaru
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Diaphrams are fitted, so I imagine they work better.  Also, I imagine the maker of these doesn't want to back it up for that purpose.

TheMeanestMom
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Yeah it's important the diaphragm is fitted so it fits tightly. I use one and my ob said if I ever lost more than 20 lbs to come in and get re fitted. Apparently things down there change sizes too!! Also I'm not sure what material the cups are made of but I think diaphragms are probably a bit less likely to be punctured or something.
legobaby
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I'm sure this might help SOME but maybe as others have said, it might not fit as well as a diaphragm or might not be AS effective since it isn't meant for that. I don't see how it wouldn't help at least a little though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN