Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So my 7th grader says....

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
I can't wait to get to high school cause everybody likes each other and there's not as much fighting!

I told him to keep holding tight to that delusion! Lmbo!

He does not believe me that there will be just as many cliques and just as much bickering between kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It gets worse in high school usually since the students begin working and/or driving a car.

elm498
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My 3 children have said they enjoy(ed) high school A LOT more than middle school.  2 of my children were bullied in middle school and the oldest had an EXTREMELY hard time making any friends.

zoo003
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Ahhh....high school.  Oh the minds of the sweet and innocent. It is so cute. :)My dd is a freshman in high school and right now, 2 of her good friends are in a fight with each other.  Last week, some of her acquantances where having at it.  My dd is so tired of it.  She is a very laid back child and just doesn't understand all of the nit picking and hurt feelings that everyone seems to have.  As you know, the cliques and fighting are just as bad (if not worse) than middle school.  Gotta love the hormone overload that is running through all of their bodies.  For a few years, I think it makes them all go a little whoo-hoo.  :) 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I agree

Quoting frndlyfn:

It gets worse in high school usually since the students begin working and/or driving a car.

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM

.. If I remember correctly high school was WORSE.. hahaha 

Oh well, let him stay optimistic.  Maybe if he thinks it hard enough it'll become the reality :) 

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM

lol

that's when the REAL fun starts, lol

ibelieveinpink
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:57 AM
That's not how it was at my high school. My HS was pretty tame and friendly. Sure it had its moments (saw a couple of good fights) but it was easy to make friends there.
Emily123456
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Were I live the Elementry school is the worst than the middle school high school is the best
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM

OH dear, he has a rude awakening. Poor kid.  LOL

TheMrs407
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:19 AM

High school got easier in my experience, but it was far from the rainbows and sweet birds your son may think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)