Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stupid TSA...

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

... is lifting the ban on Knives so they can focus more on the bigger threat of Bombs.

Ummm... last I checked it was not bombs that took down the planes on 9/11. It was terrorists... WITH BOX CUTTERS!

So, lets allow more knives. Good idea.

The TSA seriously needs to get their shit straight. Bunch of morons running that ship...

A CAMPING WE WILL GO - Do you LOVE to camp? Maybe something you've never done but would like to try? Join us for camping conversation, reviews, tips, recipes, and more!http://www.cafemom.com/group/118687

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I was surprised about this as well
Huge mistake I think too ::sigh::

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM
We can have knives but not hand cream over 3 oz? Wow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Lisa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Box cutters are still not allowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:52 AM
The whole airport/plane security clearance needs to be redone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I am against them lifting the ban on knives. I personally carry a small pocket knife in the bottom of my purse. It was my father's many years ago. I use it to open letters, cut tape on boxes, cut ribbon when no scissors are close, and it has a bottle opener built in. But I would never dream of taking it on a plane, train or bus on a trip. And I don't want the person sitting near me to have one and suddenly go ballistic and start stabbing people. No there has been enough crazies in the news for the past decade or so that tells us that taking precautions is absolutely necessary. You can't even go to a movie or school or numerous other place in total safety any more.

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM
That is the stupidest idea,right before I go on my trip they do this shit. Great like I'm not scared enough,I wonder if we could write to someone about it
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:32 AM

<---not getting on a plane, ever......and doesn't pay any attention to air travel happenings.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Wow I hadn't heard that. We flew on 12 different planes last year and will most likely fly on 4 this year. That is scary they are lifting that ban. I know I for one will be more scared to fly.
working-girl
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I realize that. lol! So you think knives (the box cutters cousin) is less harmful? 

Quoting friendlymom5:

A CAMPING WE WILL GO - Do you LOVE to camp? Maybe something you've never done but would like to try? Join us for camping conversation, reviews, tips, recipes, and more!http://www.cafemom.com/group/118687

friendlymom5
by Lisa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM
No way. I don't think any of it should be allowed.

Quoting working-girl:

I realize that. lol! So you think knives (the box cutters cousin) is less harmful? 

Quoting friendlymom5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)