Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So I just write this off as one lost? ** EDIT **

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 121 Replies

My best guy friend in the whole world is married, but separated. His wife doesnt really like me. She has however been nice and ok with me, she put up with me basically. Me and him have been super close for a long time and IDK if she didnt like that I am a girl or that we were so close or what.

But about 2 weeks ago. D (my friend) called me and was acting kinda weird. Said that something happened at home and he may be gone for a while. When I asked for details he said it was better if I just trusted him and he would be back. He promised me, said he loves me (like a sister), and we hung up.

Its been over two weeks since I heard from him and today I saw that he deleted and blocked me on FB which was weird, I took a chance and called him. His number is disconected. I text his wife and she said that he didnt want to be my friend anymore. When I asked why she ignored me.

D has never made me a promise he hasnt kept. I havent heard from him and I dont want to make things worse but i freaking miss him! So do I treat this as a loss and just stop thinking about it?

Thanks for reading. Any thoughts are welcome 

EDIT: Just to answer a few questions in the threads...... He has had a bad history but that was before her. She on the other hand has cheated and thats part of the reason they separated. Also when they were together we backed off out friendship to please her, it wasnt until they separated that we got super close again. Then she started do all kinds of things for attention. 

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Hmm... Maybe he is trying to save his relationship which means giving you up? Idk. I would just move forward with your life and let him reach out to you when he's ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I'd be pissed, but would just let it go and move on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiveLoveLaugh13
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Thats kinda what I am thinking happened. Would have rather he just said that....

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Hmm... Maybe he is trying to save his relationship which means giving you up? Idk. I would just move forward with your life and let him reach out to you when he's ready.

LiveLoveLaugh13
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Oh trust me I was mad at first but now I am kinda sad not to have him anymore

Quoting mrssummerlin:

I'd be pissed, but would just let it go and move on.

Due9
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM
4 moms liked this

There's not much you can do but just move on. It sounds like he wants to please her and blocked you and changed his number. At the same time, he didn't want to tell you the reason because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Just let it go and if he wants to be friends he will contact you.

trainlady
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM
4 moms liked this

First off if your friend's wife doesn't like you there is a chance she got into his facebook and unfriended you herself. Then when you called she had the perfect time to tell you he didn't want to be friends anymore. Now think about this, it is all coming out of her mouth. Your friend promised something and since you believe in him just take a step back and leave it up to him. He may be in a situation where she has threateded to leave him or throw him out if he doesn't let you go. So in order not to get into it with her he is following her lead to keep peace in the family. Give your friend a chance to find a way to get in touch with you and tell you the whole story. It might take six months or a year or more before he feels comfortable enough to contact you. So don't panic and don't keep trying to get in touch with him, you might be making his situation worse and you like him enough not to want to do that. Patience, patience, patience.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM
3 moms liked this

It sounds like she told him they would work thing out as long as he dropped you as a friend.  You need to keep your distance and respect that.

SoKamele
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
5 moms liked this

Sounds like he choose his wife over your friendship. Which he should have done in the beginning.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I agree with this

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

AA2.0
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Agreed.

Quoting SoKamele:

Sounds like he choose his wife over your friendship. Which he should have done in the beginning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)