Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SPIN OFF!!! Does your hubby/SO have female friends? *** POLL ***

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 59 Replies

Poll

Question: Does he?

Options:

Yup - why wouldnt he

Yes - but only ones I approve of

No - HECK NO NOT HAPPENING

No- but by his choice with no input from me

We only have friends who are couple and we always hang out together

Yes - and I have male friends

No - and I don't have male friends

Other - please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 139

View Results

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I don't see the big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
No. But just because he has always been a guys guy. I don't know. Lol. The only women he talks to are family. Or his friends wives. Etc. it would be out of character if he all of a sudden had a female friend. But I would probably try to get to know her.
But I don't like change.
;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AussieArcana
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he does. I can honestly say his guy mates outnumber his girl ones; and I'm the same. However, there is one or two girls he knows not to hang around too much.

kzuehlk
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
He has a group of old friends he hangs out with occasionally. Most of them are female and he even dated one of them for a short time. It doesn't bother me. He's pretty anti-social and when I can get him to go out and give me an evening alone, I welcome it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Nope, not single that is. I don;t have single guy friends either. We have mutual "couple" friends. We don't feel it is appropriate to hang out or chat with members of the opposite sex alone either. That is just us though. It has nothing to do with "insecurity", more with our personal beliefs.

To add, he didn't have female friends before we dated anyway, so it was never an issue.

ittyprincess604
by Princess on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Yea kinda I guess. He has some but none he really talks to a lot. Just on Facebook or if he sees them out. I have no issue with him having girl friends and he knows and approves of me having guy friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM

We have couple friends.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Yes and no. He has female friends at work, but he doesn't go hang out with them or call them when he's not at work. But there are a few female friends he's had in the past that made me way uncomfortable so he stopped talking to them for my sake. 

baquick
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
6 moms liked this
Absolutely! And *GASP* he sees them without me around! And *GASP* so do I! And guess what? Some of the friends we have that are of the opposite sex are exes! OMG! Yes! We interact with people we have dated /slept with! Alone! OMG. And sometimes.... *whispers* we all hang out together!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kelseyciarah
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM
3 moms liked this

We don't have friends of the opposite gender. We are only friends with couples, and we NEVER go anywhere without one another(except work).

We both feel that platonic relationships between two straight people of the opposite gender never STAY platonic(atleast to one of the parties), its human nature. What can another woman offer him that I can't? and vice versa.

proprolife.gif picture by piink-lem0nade

Happily married Mama to one angelbaby, a son born 10-19-10, and a daughter born 3-20-12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)