Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have you let someone sign for you.....spin off

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 15 Replies
Another post got me thinking, have you ever let someone you truly trust( I.e. A child, sister, parent, very close friend, cousin) sign your name on paper? I have had my mom and she has had me sign our names for each other, my mom even had my sister sign for my brothers field trip. Unless I say it was forgery there isn't much anyone can do to prove otherwise. So I was curious have you let someone sign for something?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.gemini
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Yea my husband and my mom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

DH has signed the occasional paper for me when I was unable.

Growing up, my mother used to have me constantly sign my father's paychecks so she could deposit them in the bank.  My mother was unable to forge my day's signature....but I have always been a pro.  That skill came in handy when I needed a bad grade from school signed.  LOL  Tough once my teachers realized that my father always signed my bad papers and my mother always signed my good ones...that trick didnt work as well.  ;-)

SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Quoting mrs.gemini:

Yea my husband and my mom

YES, and they have all called to get permission.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM

yup, i've signed my moms name before. (she said i could)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I have my dads for when i paid various bills for household using his checkbook.  Heck the bank even watched me do it .  I dont let anyone do it now nor does my guy for important stuff but we will sign for each others packages from USPS or UPS or FedEx.

1duck1man
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Yes, but only my family 

bi-polarmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:48 AM

dh and my signatures look so much alike, we sign for stuff for the other all the time

but the other always knows and approves it beforehand

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Credit card slip. We were both at a doctor's office with our son to get him evaluated and he gave his credit card to the receptionist to pay the bill then went to watch our son. I have my own card, but thought I left it at home, which is why we used his. They gave me the receipt to sign and I signed my name without thinking, but as soon as I did I pointed it out. They took it anyway. I guess since we both had a card it didn't matter.

Other than that no, though I did forge my mom's signature on my report card in my senior and junior years of high school. The woman never even thought to ask to see them, go figure. 

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:32 AM

My dh signs my name all the time and vice versa. I would trust my sister but its never come up.  If my kids were older i wouldnt mind if they did. 

AleaKat
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM
No they've never had to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)