Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yuck our dog is in heat UPDATED

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 15 Replies

Yuck I kept telling dh we need to get her fixed and he kept putting it off saying later later. Well the later has not come and she is in heat.

Lucky for us she is crate trained and we have an electric fence so she won't be tempted much to get out of it. ON the other hand the boy dogs will not have problems getting in the fenced area.

Looks like it will be out to do the business and back in for some 21 days. Unless I can convience him to pay the extra and get her fixed now while she is in heat.

We got an apt for her for Monday funny how he came off the money when he saw the spoting.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happinessforyou
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM

My vet did not like spaying while in heat because the blood vessels are enlarged and there would be more bleeding.  (?)

They make doggie-diapers. lol

I would take her in the second you can. GL

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I understand ours prob wont either. I wonder if they keep those doggie diapers on or do they eat them off?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM

We actually had ours fixed  while in heat,
Good luck :)

Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Male dogs will do anything to get to a female in heat, do not underestimate them. We ended up having puppies when a make dog literally ripped through wire to get to our dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM
We just had ours fixed Thursday while she was in heat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM

wow you all are encouraging for the inheat fix. I need to call the vet. NOW

momalee40
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Its not a prob usually to do while in heat. I have worked for vet for 16 yrs. If you want to wait, just be careful with her. If she does get with a male, have it done as soon as she goes out of heat. You will never know if she took or not.
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Thanks

Quoting momalee40:

Its not a prob usually to do while in heat. I have worked for vet for 16 yrs. If you want to wait, just be careful with her. If she does get with a male, have it done as soon as she goes out of heat. You will never know if she took or not.

C8linVilla
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM

no offence but does not sound like responsible pet owning... we dont need more mutts in the world and its something as a pet owner you agree to take on... and allowing her out into the yard while in heat alone not only is guarenteed to get pups but could cause some idiots dog to get hit by a car because they did not neuter him... 

most places at least in WA will fo cheaper for inheat dogs because they are a priority. go google payment plans or low cost vets. there are a few im sure

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I need to get my dog spayed. Luckily buddy was neutered when we got him. Not like he can reach hes a maltese & shes a pit lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)