Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yuck our dog is in heat UPDATED

Posted by   + Show Post

Yuck I kept telling dh we need to get her fixed and he kept putting it off saying later later. Well the later has not come and she is in heat.

Lucky for us she is crate trained and we have an electric fence so she won't be tempted much to get out of it. ON the other hand the boy dogs will not have problems getting in the fenced area.

Looks like it will be out to do the business and back in for some 21 days. Unless I can convience him to pay the extra and get her fixed now while she is in heat.

We got an apt for her for Monday funny how he came off the money when he saw the spoting.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-15):
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM

NO offence but thanks for your 2 cents worth of judging. I never said she would be running in the yard while in heat if you read I said looks like she will do her business then back in.

I have several dogs that are fixed and takes to the vet once a year or more as needed. We have only had this dog for a short time. I personally wanted to get her fixed last month but dh said to wait.

I have called the vet and for an extra charge of 50 bucks they will do it now.

The total in our area is 400 bucks. Where I live they do have programs at lower cost if you are on food stamps or medicaid. ( I am not)

Oh BTW I did take offense to your reply.

Quoting C8linVilla:

no offence but does not sound like responsible pet owning... we dont need more mutts in the world and its something as a pet owner you agree to take on... and allowing her out into the yard while in heat alone not only is guarenteed to get pups but could cause some idiots dog to get hit by a car because they did not neuter him... 

most places at least in WA will fo cheaper for inheat dogs because they are a priority. go google payment plans or low cost vets. there are a few im sure

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

We have the fence because we have pits, They are not mean but my neighbor said he felt better while he was in his yard with the elec fence.  The dog in heat is a german shepard.

Quoting xLilBit22:

I need to get my dog spayed. Luckily buddy was neutered when we got him. Not like he can reach hes a maltese & shes a pit lol.

wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it happens twice a year so get her fixed when you get the chance. 

kitty8199
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM
You can still spray in heat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

we have an apt Monday I tried for today but they couldn't do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN