Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Jeans how old it too old?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

I see the store full of torn patched jeans. How old is too old for someone to wear those.

I was in American Eagle the other day and  saw some. I was looking for some new jeans and the tore ones were the only ones in my size so I ask him do old ladies really buy and wear these. He said everyone asks that and yes they  do. I got a pair and wore them today they are comfortable but I felt slouchy all day mostly when I looked down at my pants.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
5 moms liked this
I think pre distressed jeans are hideously tacky. Any age is too old, IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I am in my 40's the jeans I have on today are extremely with just a couple little holes. I say if you're comfortable who cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

That was it I was not really comfortable I felt weird all day I guess I don't really like they way they look the feel is good but I don't like the look

Arwyn724
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I thought you meant old jeans, not old people.  My sister has a pair of hip-hugger flares from 1973 when she was in high school, that her best friend covered in embroidery.  they are truly 'vintage', and she can still fit into them.

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

lol nope I ment old people wearing old worn out jeans lol the new old is weird to me hers are for real old and prob back in style.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I thought you meant old jeans, not old people.  My sister has a pair of hip-hugger flares from 1973 when she was in high school, that her best friend covered in embroidery.  they are truly 'vintage', and she can still fit into them.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I have no idea, but I personally don't like them and never did. They gained popularity when I was in high school 20+ years ago and it was never a trend I embraced, though many of my classmates did.

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Yea me either. I really regret getting them I feel I wasted 60 buck but on the other hand I had them on last night and get this dh liked them he really liked them. Who knew? lol

Quoting thatgirl70:

I have no idea, but I personally don't like them and never did. They gained popularity when I was in high school 20+ years ago and it was never a trend I embraced, though many of my classmates did.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

i understand that style. why would you pay a ton of money for jeans with holes in them? Buy a cheap pair and ruin the shit out of them. Bam. Same thing. lol

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

lol I konw right I thought the same damn thing. When I got them home I thought hell I can't even put anything in the back pockets they have holes in them too.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

i understand that style. why would you pay a ton of money for jeans with holes in them? Buy a cheap pair and ruin the shit out of them. Bam. Same thing. lol

jobo
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Im old and I wear what I feel is fashionable and comfortable..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)