Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 9 Replies

my babyy will be two may 21st but he has been hitting and refusing to listen and popping his hand is not working anymore what is something  that is and effective punishment when hes so little... any advice is good advice but im six months pregnant so i really need help

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

When my son was that little and smacking his hand didnt work anymore, I resorted to popping the diapered butt! Didnt hurt him ohysically but damn sure get his attention and hurt that pride a little, took him back down a notch. Then got into giving time outs where he had to stay in a kitchen chair for a minute per age. (like when he was 3, he sat for three minutes) At about 4 or 5 he got to spend some alone time in his room to reflect on his behavior.

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Unfortunately, its what two year old do. (Terrible two's) don't know if there is to much more you can do.. Popping, time out for 2 mins, eye level communication, its not easy, hang in there.. I know how it must feel especially when you are pregnant, makes it a little more difficult..

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Time outs. Hand popping or butt popping for hitting him isn't teaching him anything other then that hitting is ok because that's the response he is getting.

Just be consistent in whatever you decide to do. It's going to take a lot of repetition for him to learn that hitting is not ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dilara
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Time out! its going to be hard at first, but if you stay consistant with it, it will pay off! He will try to fight it and get up, but everytime he gets up you need to walk him back to the spot you've designated and tell him time starts over. Eventually he will see you mean bussiness and give up. Nothing is worse than having to stay put when they are that age, so making it a point that his behavior is not acceptable and he cant do what he wants for that time will instill into his mind that 'I be bad, I have to sit. I dont want to sit so I'll be good'. And also when its time for him to get out you need to talk to him first. Tell him why he got put in time out and let him know that you love him. This addresses the issue and lets him know that even though he got punished he is still loved.

kidlover2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Time outs.
SpnFulOfSugar
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Random thought but he has the best birthday ever!
Mommy2AmaznKids
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Try time outs

leonsmommy17
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

thanks cause im going to have to do something new

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Being consistant and giving time outs is best! Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)