Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 children and planning to go back to work force.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone, wanted to know if anyone had an experience of having four children and thinking about going bak to work force. I would like to get some good advice and weighing the pros and cons on it.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pixie-buttercup
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

How old are your children? Will they be in daycare? I know daycare around here costs a fortune. I have a friend that paid $1800/month for 2 kids. There is no way I could afford double that for 4 kids! 

What kind of work are you thinking of doing?

choladomingo
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

My children ages are 10, 8, 2, and a six month old baby girl.  I'm planning to have my mother-in-law babysit them and just pay her instead.  The type of work that I would like to have is either an admin job, banking and retail. Thinking about having a full time job.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I started working again once my youngest was in Kindergarten. 

If you feel ready to go back, and can swing the costs of child care, work clothes, gas, etc and still feel you're getting something out of it then go back if it's what you want.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I went back to work at 6 weeks when my leave was up. It was difficult but it was something we had to do. Then when he was 2, I got sick and had to be a SAHM. That was also difficult as I felt like I was losing my self worth. Either way it seems the grass looks greener. If you can afford to stay home, I would. But I would get into community volunteering or helping with the school.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)