Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 Things you should NEVER say when it comes to marriage...do you agree??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

1. The morning of the marriage : If you want to run now ..here is your chance.

2. Morning of marriage: Are you sure you want to do this ? 

3. While purposing : I think we should get married 

* I was watching Sons of Anarchy..and these three things were done in the show, i turned to my SO and said you say anything like that to me ..and we will have issues! LOL * 

Here is my logic , if you have to ask the first two questions..then you are already doubting it and you shouldn't get married. The third ...you should get married because you WANT too, not because you feel you HAVE too.

Anyone else agree ?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

bump

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I would guess people say these things because of nerves.

mybabysmama35
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I agree. Marriage is a big commitment and should be something you want to do because you love the person.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I agree because of nerves but we can hope they don't get asked :)

TableforSeven
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:39 AM
DH and I still give each other an 'out' - asking the other if they REALLY want to stay....and we've been married for 21+ years. Of course we have ALWAYS said it in jest - so it's no big deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM

1.  He Will always ask... am I the biggest you ever had ?

"yes, dear..LOL"

2 .Am I our best Lover ? ( Yes, honey......lol )

Men, are so insecure.

They are children, in a male body.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

my mom told all 4 of us(3 girls & a bro) the morning of the wedding, "You know you can still back out if you want to"

now if you say that to each other it's a different story

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
My DHs aunt came to my bridal suite ten minutes before the ceremony. She told me how wonderful it was and she was happy for us. Then she told me that if I changed my mind that it was ok and divorce was awesome because you can clean the guy out. O_o she then asked if she could have my bouquet after the ceremony and stole the flower arrangement that was hanging over us during the ceremony (it was really pricey and I had wanted to dry it out and hang it in our house). We are pretty sure she stole my veil too. Needless to say we haven't talked to her since. (Oh and she hadn't even been invited in the first place. She sowed up with 6 other people also not invited and thought she would camp out in sleeping bags in our livingroom. Didn't happen!)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
agree

Quoting Two_Hearts:

1. The morning of the marriage : If you want to run now ..here is your chance.

2. Morning of marriage: Are you sure you want to do this ? 

3. While purposing : I think we should get married 

* I was watching Sons of Anarchy..and these three things were done in the show, i turned to my SO and said you say anything like that to me ..and we will have issues! LOL * 

Here is my logic , if you have to ask the first two questions..then you are already doubting it and you shouldn't get married. The third ...you should get married because you WANT too, not because you feel you HAVE too.

Anyone else agree ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
omg thats horrible

Quoting needadvice1983:

My DHs aunt came to my bridal suite ten minutes before the ceremony. She told me how wonderful it was and she was happy for us. Then she told me that if I changed my mind that it was ok and divorce was awesome because you can clean the guy out. O_o she then asked if she could have my bouquet after the ceremony and stole the flower arrangement that was hanging over us during the ceremony (it was really pricey and I had wanted to dry it out and hang it in our house). We are pretty sure she stole my veil too. Needless to say we haven't talked to her since. (Oh and she hadn't even been invited in the first place. She sowed up with 6 other people also not invited and thought she would camp out in sleeping bags in our livingroom. Didn't happen!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN