Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am in hell!! TMI warning.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 17 Replies
Baby girl and I got to come home today - FINALLY!! It's great to be home, but I am in hell.

I haven't had a bowel movement since Sunday. I was on stool softeners the entire time we were in the hospital, and I am still on them. Yet I can't go! I have been in the bathroom so many times and I just sit there forever trying to will my sphincter to let loose and nothing. My ass feels like its ready to explode. I know I have to go. It just won't come out!! I'm about to shove a stick of dynamite up there.

And then there's the nipple issue. I'm BFing and I'm determined to stick with it. However, my gorgeous little girl seems to think she needs to chew the nipple. At first, I thought maybe she wasnt latching on properly because it was so painful. The lactation consultant came in and said her latch was perfect, she just has a very strong suck. I kid you not, when she latches on, it's like a grown man biting down on my nipple. Oh! And if something startles her while she's nursing, she does this thing where she kinda bites down and jerks her head to one side (almost like she's trying to rip my nipple off before whatever just scared her takes off with her lunch). Lol.

I was nursing her this afternoon and my mom happened to see my left nipple and the look on her face was hysterical. This look like she had just gotten a whiff of a horrible odor or something. She asked me if my nipples were always this big. Nope. In the last two days, my left nipple has tripled in size and my right one has stayed the same. They are cracked, bloody, grotesquely swollen and misshapen and oh so sore. I haven't been able to nurse dd her last two feedings because the pain was so bad. I had to pump and give her a bottle. =\

And I've been using the nipple cream after every feeding!! I don't understand!! I can't poop. My boobs are killing me. My nipple looks like a wadded up piece of chewed up bubble gum someone ripped off of their shoe and stuck to my boob.

Any advice ladies?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I would see a LC again. That just sounds horrible.

As far as the poo factor I'm not sure, I'd ask your dr. I accidentally took a laxative instead of a softener after I had dd3 and was on the toilet all afternoon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I was the same way with the pooping issue. Sounds nasty but I would put a lot of Vaseline around my butthole and inside a little. Also, when I would push, I would take toilet paper and push around my butthole to kind of massage it out. Finally a week after giving birth, it came out. It wasn't long. But it was WIDE! Scared the hell out of me lol.

As for the nipple thing, what kind of cream are you using? Also, are you letting them air dry? Is her latch correct on that side. Make sure her lips are out, not tucked under. Join the breastfeeding group on here, they're GREAT!!!

oooomelissaoooo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Get a glycerin supository. When I was preg with my oldest I was so constipated and I used one of those. Came out in no time. Tmi but it seriously like a log. My poor mom had to put on gloves and break it up just so it would flush
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I would look into possible nipple shields to help the nipples heal while still nursing.   Lots of drinking water and fiber for the pooping.  Maybe apple juice or prune juice.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Drink a glass of prune juice.  If that don't do it.  I'd be calling your doctor.

ruggy03
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM
You have to drink warm to hot things prune juice coffee it has to be warm,breast feed her while laying on your side so her head is stable.get a box of gas ex and expect to make wonderful sounds in the batjroom seriously the relief is almost orgasmic hahhh
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Prune juice might make the baby gassy so just keep an eye on her.

madwifa
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM

aww I am sorry. I remember all that just like you described. It will get better.

Have you tried walking some to get things moving more.

I wonder if laxatives go into the milk?

Kmary
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

All of this will pass.  You have some good advice here already.  Also, if you rub a little of your own breastmilk on your nipples it will help heal them.  Sounds weird and slightly gross, but it's more effective, easier and free compared to any cream you can use.  Before you know it, these discomforts will be a memory.  Good luck to you.

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
For the nipples - get some tea tree oil and neosporin. Mix the two and apply, then cover with a bandaid. You need to wash it off before feedings, but it will help you heal.

As for constipation, yogurt and coffee can both be of assistance as well as apple, pear, or grape juice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)