Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am having a hard time understanding what exactly this teacher wants

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

and my 12 year didn't understand it either.So,if you guys don't mind I'll type out the instructions here and see if you guys can help me understand it.His teacher is not answering her phone/email and this project has to be done by Monday (Eta.what is confusing me is what she means by examples?Does she mean it like a picture showing a noun or does she want sentences out of magazines?)I feel really stupid not being able to help him but this has honestly confused me. Tia.....

Instructions:

Create a Language Arts Scrapbook.You will need to define and find examples of each term listed below.The example need to be found in magazines,newspapers,brochures,etc.The examples cannot be typed and/or printed off a computer.Be creative You will get extra points the more creative you are.

1.)Noun            7.)Adverb                              13.)Independent Clause.

2.)Verb            8.)Compound Sentence

3.)pronoun         9.)Complex Sentence

4.)Appositive    10.)Simple Sentence

5.)Preposition    11.)Adverb Phrase

6.)Adjective      12.)Dependent Clause

What is the difference between a dog and a cat?

A dog lives in your house and sees that you give it food and water and
says to itself, "Wow, these beings give me food and water without my
having to do anything. They must be gods!"

A cat lives in your house and sees that you give it food and water and
says to itself, "Wow, these beings give me food and water without my
having to do anything. I must be a god!
"

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabrutiful1
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1. Define.

Ex. Noun- person, place, thing.

2. Provide an example of it in everyday media.

Ex-Picture of a lion frm Nation Geographic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

BUMP!

KristenFowles
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

.. Yeah, seems pretty easy..

Go through a book/magazine.. and find those things.. Cut them out, and paste them into a scrap book..

So take one page for each of those, (a noun, clause, etc).. and cut out examples from magazines, brochures, books, articles, etc.. of those things..

I actually REALLY like this assignment.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I am thinking some of it will have to be abstract like for adjective you think of words that fit that and then an object that matches the word. ...... Did he just get the project today?

Rach7224
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I dont think it matters if it written or a picture... so if it is the verb... a picture of a guy running, or the word run... but it has to be found and be the meaning of the word.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Yup.Just today.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am thinking some of it will have to be abstract like for adjective you think of words that fit that and then an object that matches the word. ...... Did he just get the project today?

TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM

this :)  the instructions are clear, and I agree that this is a fantastic assignment!

Quoting KristenFowles:

Go through a book/magazine.. and find those things.. Cut them out, and paste them into a scrap book..

So take one page for each of those, (a noun, clause, etc).. and cut out examples from magazins of those things..

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh,so do I.This teacher is pretty well known for giving out FUN homework.I would have enjoyed doing this in school.

Quoting KristenFowles:

So take one page for each of those, (a noun, clause, etc).. and cut out examples from magazins of those things..

KristenFowles
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM

You're right.. I didn't think of this.. This would be the "extra points for being creative" part.

Quoting Rach7224:

I dont think it matters if it written or a picture... so if it is the verb... a picture of a guy running, or the word run... but it has to be found and be the meaning of the word.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:00 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

This .. good luck & let us know how it goes :)

Quoting KristenFowles:

So take one page for each of those, (a noun, clause, etc).. and cut out examples from magazines, brochures, books, articles, etc.. of those things..

Join us at
Time Out for You

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)