Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need some help and advise PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 14 Replies

Ok I am almost to my weight loss goal only 15 pounds to go and it is mostly in my belly area. I could use some tips to get my belly flatter and loose the fat that is there. Here is some pics of what it looks like now after loosing 50 pounds. And I do not mind the scratch marks I just want to get rid of the fat. Sorry they are sideways.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Anyone at all

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

happehcrone
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Fat loss is systemic, so as far as that goes as you continue doing what you do it will happen.  You can't lose fat from just one spot.  As far as exercises go, forward, reverse and side crunches when done correctly are effective.  There are also several other exercises which work well.  Try googling "abdominal exercises" or something like that to get ideas as well as instructions on how to do them properly.  You should be certain to include movements which will work your upper and lower abdominal areas as well as your obliques (sides).  Another thing to consider is that sometimes when people lose a great deal of weight, the skin has been stretched to the point that it will not return to its original condition.  The only way to get rid of excess loose skin is to have it surgically removed.  Congratulations on your success so far - keep up the good work!!  8D

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hmm im not sure hon :( ive been losing weight too but cant get rid of my mushroom top. i wish i could help. the only thing ive ever heard was get a tummy tuck once done with weight loss. and im like 'yeah, cause i have that kind of money just laying around lol' 

lizmeek
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I'm about 8 lbs away from mine. I've been working out and sticking to it. I'm trying to tone everywhere. I'm noticing some. I'm doing Les Mills Combat and some other workouts. I found a lot on pinterest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

How did you lose that weight, I have been trying so long!  Congrats!  Do you have the cash for a tummy tuck?  

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Yeah I don't need a tummy tuck just need to loose some more fat. I was thinking of laser lipo but not sure about that. 

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

Hmm im not sure hon :( ive been losing weight too but cant get rid of my mushroom top. i wish i could help. the only thing ive ever heard was get a tummy tuck once done with weight loss. and im like 'yeah, cause i have that kind of money just laying around lol' 

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I did the body by vi shakes as well as cut out all sodas, sweets and cut my portions and started counting calories. And lots of exersisng. No not for a tummy tuck but I a, looking in to laser lipo it will help with getting rid of the fat as well as tighting the skin but I am not sure yet.

Quoting Mrs.Subway:

How did you lose that weight, I have been trying so long!  Congrats!  Do you have the cash for a tummy tuck?  

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I don't think once you lose the weight you can get rid of the hanging "flab" without doing a tummy tuck............I have the same problem and that's what I was told.

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

It has gotten smaller as I have lost weight and I am looking into the laser lipo which will also help with tightening the skin as well. I can show before and after pics if you would like but my belly is covered in them.

Quoting Texascandee:

I don't think once you lose the weight you can get rid of the hanging "flab" without doing a tummy tuck............I have the same problem and that's what I was told.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN