Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

am i the only one who can't stand all of the kids sports in the spring?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 26 Replies

We've got three kids and they all play soccer, baseball, and on and on.  It feels like the weekdays are just running from practice to practice - and the weekends are nothing but games - often driving all over New Jersey.

Why?

Does anyone else feel like me?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Nope.  I only have one child and she is not interested in sports out of school day.  Her PE teacher is thinking track as she gets older since she is so full of energy.

Jenn8576
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Me too I have 3 boys all do baseball and its never ending because they are all on different teams
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Me this year.I feel the exact same way.Never a dull moment! LOL

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I have 2 kids who play a different sport each season plus DS is on a travel team and DD does dance. Sometimes I feel like I live in my car. One of DS's friends is on 4 different basketball teams. I limit the amount of activities and don't encourage travel teams (baseball kinda snuck through but last time DS did travel, the furthest game was only 45 minutes away which isn't bad).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Thankfully not at this point. Ds plays tee ball but dd is too young. Next year they can be on the same team.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Nope, mine is in karate. Its all year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jers.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

My boys were allowed to pick one sport per season because they also played in band and took Kung Fu

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Only spring?  I enjoy the pace myself.  My kids compete year round.  Im never home during the week. 

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

LOL I use to be the mom sitting in the car. I always parked so I could see everything but I stayed in the car.

Even for practices.

TheMrs407
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

We just have one child, but I think that is a very common problem of parents with several children.  Perhaps you need to have some limitations on extracurriculars so you have family time as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN