Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many coupons do you clip?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

I always felt that clipping coupons wasn't worth it. I always buy store brand stuff anyway!

Do you think it really helps?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I stopped clipping coupons when I did a little experiment. I went to the store and got two carts. One cart I added all the couponed items into. The other cart I added only what I actually needed. The difference in cost? The coupon cart after coupons cost me 88 dollars. The cart with exactly what I needed? 45 dollars.

I spent too much time buying stuff that I would eventually throw away. Too much waste in my opinion. I only use coupons now for exactly what I need. I do not buy more than what I can use in a month. My grocery bill went from 800  a month to 450 for five people.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Clipping coupons is worth it as long as your only clipping coupons for the items you actually use and want. If your clipping coupons for other items and not planning to donate them or know someone who can use them then it is a waste of time and money. 

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Zero
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
When I see coupons for my cat's food, Blue Buffalo, I do but otherwise it's just not worth the time.
connorsmom2009
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Bump..

connorsmom2009
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

So, I clip coupons just for stuff I use especially for lunch meat and hot dogs... I love saving money so that's why I usually buy store brand stuff

auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I clip couponds for things we use only.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I don't. I can not find coupons for what we need. I will use Costco coupons for few items but those are sales not coupons you clip.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Quoting sherry132:

I stopped clipping coupons when I did a little experiment. I went to the store and got two carts. One cart I added all the couponed items into. The other cart I added only what I actually needed. The difference in cost? The coupon cart after coupons cost me 88 dollars. The cart with exactly what I needed? 45 dollars.

I spent too much time buying stuff that I would eventually throw away. Too much waste in my opinion. I only use coupons now for exactly what I need. I do not buy more than what I can use in a month. My grocery bill went from 800  a month to 450 for five people.

See I totally agree with this. I go with a list and plan meals for the week prior to going. I find I save more that way then buying stuff because I have a coupon.
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I don't shop around coupons, I shop around sales (and usually manage to save anywhere from 15-33%). But before I leave, I google manufacturer coupons just in case. I don't buy anything just because I have a coupon though, usually it's not something I want or I'd have to spend more to use the coupon and that just doesn't make any sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)