Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your children share a room?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • 27 Replies

At what age did you move the youngest to the oldest room? My children are 15 months and 3.5 but the 15 month dosent sleep trough the night consistently yet. SHould I move the youngest over yet or should I wait? At what age do u believe is right for bunk beds?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM
My kids are 3 and 5. They have shared a room pretty much forever since they both slept with me for awhile and then we moved into a 2 bedroom apartment so they had to share. My oldest just slept through my youngest.

We are also moving them into bunk beds soon, but we are also moving them into separate rooms... So it's kind of a moot point now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Bump..
Kmary
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Hard to say.  My kids are about to share a room for the first time and they're 3 and 5 years old.  I know you're probably worried about the fact that your youngest doesn't always sleep through the night and may wake the older, but I actually have friends who had this situation and once their kids shared a room they actually slept better!  No guarantees, of course, but some kids really like the comfort of a sibling there and wake their parents up less.  Hard to say not knowing your kids, but good luck with the transition.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

We moved DD into DS's room when she was about a year. She wasn't sleeping through the night, but DS is a heavy sleeper so it was ok.

We moved them to bunk beds when DD was about 2 and DS was almost 5.

ramita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Let's see my DD's shared a room as soon as my youngest was out of my room which was when she turned about a year old. My youngest was kind of back and forth in our room and the girls room. If my oldest seemed like she wasn't sleeping good I'd let my youngest sleep in my room for a couple of nights. Its mostly worked good for us, but every child is different.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momstermom85
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM

mine are 8 and 5 both boys and they have bunk beds

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM

My oldest was three and a half and my youngest was 18 months old when I put them in a room together. 

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Mine are almost 6 and 3.5 and they have shared a room since the youngest was sleeping thru the night at 3 months. If worst comes to worst one of them will go in our room and be moved by Daddy into their room before we go to sleep.

ARPsMom
by Toni on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Oldest ds is five and youngest ds is almost 6 months. We moved ds 2 in at about 3 months. The first night he was in there he slept through the night. If he does get up in the night ds 1 sleeps right through it. And when we get the oldest up for school the baby sleeps right through it. The only obstacle we have is remembering to get school clothes out the night before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ali_Oopss
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM

our five month old and his 4.5 year old brother share a room, but our five month old sleeps all night. We just recently moved him to his room from our room. And our two 15 month old girls share a room, but they both sleep from about 8:30 at night until 7:30 am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)