Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What was the last tip you gave?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 61 Replies
We went out to eat the other night and I gave 10%. Seriously my server did nothing but took the order back. And brought our check. Someone else brought the food out and had no idea who to give what. A hostess brought my hubby a second beer. So I left 10%. What would you had tipped?
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MammaPaparazza
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Don't bet horse number 3 ever !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I tipped a dollar for my Starbucks this morning. Which hurts because my coffee costs a fortune already. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jers.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

They usually split their tips.  You weren't just tipping the person who took your order, you were tipping the whole wait staff including the hostess

rayroe2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Never wear purple with neon yellow if you pass the age of legal! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM

The last tip we gave was $7 for pizza delivery.  It was more than 20%.

Based on that service, I probably would've left 15%.  You never know if the hostess or other people get some of that tip.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Ya but... the hostess and kitchen help make more money so why are they included in tips. I thought only waitresses made a few bucks but yet she didn't do anything everyone else did. So why tip everyone else who is paid more to do there job.

ramita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
That's more than my dh would have tipped...lol. last time I tipped someone was yesterday I got my hair cut. It cost $21.50 and I tipped $5, not sure what percentage that is...
sarah824
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Maybe she took a break. They are required to take breaks and can't always wait until there is no one in their area. I would have tipped like we always do (roughly 20%) as long as the order was right, the food warm and we didn't have to wait TOO long for anything.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I never leave less than 20%, even if they suck. Last tip I gave was or dinner at an Italian place. I left $20 on an $89 tab.
KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

um... $10, take out from Olive Garden.

I can never leave less than 20%..  I was a server for 5ish years when I was younger..  

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN