Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Really? How can they expect this of me?

Posted by   + Show Post
I may get bashed for this but I want to know honest opinions. My brothers daughter is in foster care. She is 3 about the same age as my son. But she was born addicted to drugs and due to her moms drug use is very far behind. She can not talk, walk or feed herself. She can barely sit up without assistance and not for long periods of time. I am the only one in the family that cps will give her to. She is currently with a foster family that said they would eventually like to adopt her. They love her and are very good with her. My family is calling me selfish because I will not take her and raise her till my brother can get her back (at this point that won't be soon since he is still using). I just feel like with her disabilities it wouldn't be fair to my family,my life, my son, and her because of my schedules. I do love her! I know I could do it if I wanted but feel she is with a family that loves her. We are also ttc so I feel I dont want the extra stress. What would you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mamie_85
by Amy on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM
She's with a loving family that wants to adopt her. Don't feel guilty, it sounds like the best place for her.
ATG499
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM
This. Just ask to keep in contact with her.

Quoting poshkat:

She has a family that loves her, takes care of her and she is settled and happy. You are not being selfish, you are doing what is right for your family and your niece.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I would leave her where she is but ask to still be her aunt and stay involved in the capacity that you are meant to be. *hugs* This is a very difficult situation. We would not be able to take on a total care child at this point in our lives either. The selfish thing would be to take her from what she knows and the family that loves her on the off chance that your brother pulls his head out. 

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

personally I would take her but that doesn't mean you have to... you have to make the choice that is right for you and your family

WendyJR
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM
This

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I would let her stay with the family she is with

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like the best place for her is with the family she that wants to adopt her. I couldn't imagine being in the situation, though. Good luck!

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd let her stay with the foster family.  They have gotten to know and love her, and it would be cruel both to them and your niece for her to be placed with you and your family.  By not taking her in, you're doing right by her, in my opinion.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM
This.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I agree, they are and have been takin care of her, .......

Even, to move her to a new home, may not be good for her ?

She knows and trust them ? ( Please remember , that also )

Basherte
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I would let her stay with that family. They obviously love her and can take care of her.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)