Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am going to be late for work and blame it on daylight savings time...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 7 Replies
Not really. Wouldn't work for my if I tried since I work from 11pm-7:30am but I do wonder if I will get paid for 7 or 8 hours. I guess I will see on my check lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
....ClvrScn.
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Lol - I got out of work early on Friday because of daylight savings - I told my boss I was losing an hour of my weekend and he decided to close an hour early and pay everyone for the whole day
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Nice!

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Lol - I got out of work early on Friday because of daylight savings - I told my boss I was losing an hour of my weekend and he decided to close an hour early and pay everyone for the whole day

KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM

That is awesome!

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Sassy01
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
My husband was almost late for work this morning because he forgot to set his alarm clock ahead one hour.
LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I've never been late for work because of it.  But I have been an hour early before.  I opened up, all the while bitching to myself about the other employees being late.  I was so embarrassed when the other girls arrived and I reamed them out before they got a chance to explain. 

On the other hand, my boss was very sympathetic and paid me for the extra hour I worked.

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

when I worked over night I only got 7 hours.

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
When I worked the graveyard shift when it was setting the clock back an hour I worked 11 hours and only got paid for 10. It sucked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)