Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I tell you I swear I am just ment to be fat.

I try and try everyday and things go well then something will happen and damn i am fat again.

I lost 20 lbs then got sick and bam gained 3 lbs. My goal is to lose 30 more.

I am going to scream I bought new clothes and sure do like them I want to keep wearing them

Do yo ever have those days?

What do you do when you feel a lb come back on?

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

One day you mess up.  Forgive yourself and start fresh the next day.   I have alot of weight gain due to stress in life.   I have lost about 10 lbs though .  I noticed since i can wear a Juniors Large tshirt again w/o it looking like a girdle.  I try to drink alot of water but i fall off the soda wagon.

Quoting madwifa:

You are right I just need to get back on track I am lucky I did not let it go too far off. If I did not have new smaller jeans I would never have realzed until it was 10 lbs.

Quoting frndlyfn:

You need to stay on track for eating healthier and being more active.  No fad diets will fix any overweight issues.  If you gain a few (no more than 5) back, just keep doing the healthy eating.  Everyone has water weight days or days stress will hold on to that weight.

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I  do this I mainly eat

Breakfast> Oatmeal

lunch> a protein and veg

snack> small apple

dinner> grilled ( chicken, salmon ) and grilled veggies.

As you can see I do eat pretty healty

Quoting BraythansMom:

I know exactly what you mean! It is hard to stay on track when something throws you off. You just have to stay strong and imagine the end of the tunnel. When you have a craving or don't feel like eating healthy, picture yourself at the weight you want to be at and think about how awesome you will feel when you get to that point. I gets easier the more good choices you make.

One thing that has really helped me is I have started a "natural" food diet and only eat what I can personally make from scratch. It doesn't take as much time as you would think, start small. It's easier to resist the fatty foods when you have to make them yourself lol. Good luck, you can do it!! 

madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Thanks for the great replies. :)

BraythansMom
by Krystie on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:35 AM

You sure do! You eat better than me actually lol. What is your workout schedule like?

Quoting madwifa:

I  do this I mainly eat

Breakfast> Oatmeal

lunch> a protein and veg

snack> small apple

Quoting BraythansMom:

I know exactly what you mean! It is hard to stay on track when something throws you off. You just have to stay strong and imagine the end of the tunnel. When you have a craving or don't feel like eating healthy, picture yourself at the weight you want to be at and think about how awesome you will feel when you get to that point. I gets easier the more good choices you make.

One thing that has really helped me is I have started a "natural" food diet and only eat what I can personally make from scratch. It doesn't take as much time as you would think, start small. It's easier to resist the fatty foods when you have to make them yourself lol. Good luck, you can do it!! 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm overweight, and tryin to lose weight..but i've started not to go based on what the scale says..i only weigh myself once a month now..i go on how i feel!! or how my clothes are fitting. hang in there momma! you can do it :)

Momyplease
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
you not alone Im sick now . I lost 60 lbs and got sick a week ago gained back 8 lbs. I'm feeling just how you described in your post. I'm sick of it all.

Quoting madwifa:

I tell you I swear I am just ment to be fat.

I try and try everyday and things go well then something will happen and damn i am fat again.

I lost 20 lbs then got sick and bam gained 3 lbs. My goal is to lose 30 more.

I am going to scream I bought new clothes and sure do like them I want to keep wearing them

Do yo ever have those days?

What do you do when you feel a lb come back on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I walk or run everyday for 30 minutes to 1 hour. My body can take more but my back can't :(

My mom says she can't understand how I hold on to the weight.  I say I have the fat gene.

Quoting BraythansMom:

You sure do! You eat better than me actually lol. What is your workout schedule like?

Quoting madwifa:

I  do this I mainly eat

Breakfast> Oatmeal

lunch> a protein and veg

snack> small apple

Quoting BraythansMom:

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way sometimes.  I was fine until college.

eema.gray
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM
You may not be eating enough fats.

I would suggest two books, The Blood Sugar Solution and Wheat Belly. One or the other may help, depending on what is going on with your metabolism. Keep in mind that if you decide to adopt the changes suggested in either book, you need to be comfortable with them for a lifetime, otherwise, they are not much better than fad diets.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Its frustrating, I am eating super healthy, going to the gym almost every day, after a month I stepped on a scale and I wanted to scream, I gained??? and I spoke to a family member who is like almost my personal trainer lol and he told me that I was gaining muscle weight, because I am losing inches from my waste but not body weight. I usually don't step on a scale because I think its for masochists lol and I am not going to step on it again, I have wide hips and a big butt and thighs, always had them, that I would like to lose more inches in the waiste yes plz, but am not gonna freak about it, or become obssessed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)