Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I tell you I swear I am just ment to be fat.

I try and try everyday and things go well then something will happen and damn i am fat again.

I lost 20 lbs then got sick and bam gained 3 lbs. My goal is to lose 30 more.

I am going to scream I bought new clothes and sure do like them I want to keep wearing them

Do yo ever have those days?

What do you do when you feel a lb come back on?

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Replies (21-25):
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I work with a nutritionist because I was diagnose with diabetes and my dr makes all his patients see one but I chose to stick with one longer then the first few lessons.

I will get those books as well. Thank you

The dr says to watch the oatmeal but it seems to last longer in the day

Quoting eema.gray:

You may not be eating enough fats.

I would suggest two books, The Blood Sugar Solution and Wheat Belly. One or the other may help, depending on what is going on with your metabolism. Keep in mind that if you decide to adopt the changes suggested in either book, you need to be comfortable with them for a lifetime, otherwise, they are not much better than fad diets.

eema.gray
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Definitely look at The Blood Sugar Solution then! It's all about controlling the metabolism of sugars and the far reaching consequences of not doing so.

Good that you're working witb a nutritionist too. :-) When weigbt and health don't improve by normal efforts, having a professional to help with diet is something many people don't think of.

Quoting madwifa:

I work with a nutritionist because I was diagnose with diabetes and my dr makes all his patients see one but I chose to stick with one longer then the first few lessons.

Quoting eema.gray:

I would suggest two books, The Blood Sugar Solution and Wheat Belly. One or the other may help, depending on what is going on with your metabolism. Keep in mind that if you decide to adopt the changes suggested in either book, you need to be comfortable with them for a lifetime, otherwise, they are not much better than fad diets.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

First off don't panic at a 3 lb gain. Give yourself a little wiggle room about 5 lbs. If you start getting to that stage then jump on it and lost the 4 or 5 lbs and just keep an eye on it. Everybody comes to a crisis in weight, but 3 lbs is not a crisis, just a place to watch and keep it down. Fat is not 3lbs.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My sister is trying to lose 80 lbs and never steps on a scale she goes by inches and how her clothes fit. And remember muscle weighs more then fat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Yeah it is really weird I have so many book on eating the right things. I know in the long run I feel much better. I have gonefrom my bad cholesrolof 105 to 88  and my tri;s are lower aswell. Not as low but still gone down. MY AC1 has gone from 7.0 to 6.0 which is better. PLus the weight has gone down.

I will kee going on my trail.

Quoting eema.gray:

Definitely look at The Blood Sugar Solution then! It's all about controlling the metabolism of sugars and the far reaching consequences of not doing so.

Good that you're working witb a nutritionist too. :-) When weigbt and health don't improve by normal efforts, having a professional to help with diet is something many people don't think of.

Quoting madwifa:

Quoting eema.gray:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)