Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need friends with babies! My current friends don't understand my "new life"

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone else out there in the same boat as me?? My husband and i got married when we were 21 going on 22 and had our first baby last spring. She will be 1 on march 23rd. Time sure flew by. I am just having a difficult time with my friends understanding my new priorities and trying to meet people and possibly create new friendships with people that understand :)

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lcherniske
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I think this is a common problem. Look on meetup.com or cafemom for playgroups in your area. Try going places with your baby that you can meet other moms- library story time, playground or fast food playplaces.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the land of understanding!  I was in the same boat when I had my first son.  None of my friends had kids yet and I constantly felt left out.

cat

jordynsmama23
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Thanks guys. Im having a really hard time with it.. These are my close friends that I used to party with. Dont get me wrong, i still enjoy a cocktail here and there but dont wuite have the time to leave my house to do so. I will fir sure try the suggested websites recommended :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I'm sure you'll meet friends soon enough. As baby gets older and starts getting more active, you'll find it easier to meet other moms. Libraries are a great place as well as parks.

bwsmommy
Happy Thanksgiving !!
Yesterday at 10:33 AM
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I've met lots of moms on Facebook through diaper groups and baby wearing groups ... So maybe you could try there as well ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marketingmom602
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I just got done posting to someone who might make a great friend for you:  Michelle2292 and of course you can always friend me as well. Most new parents go through this if their friends aren't married or have babies yet. I'm sure you'll make a lot of new friends here.

welcome to cafemom

Quoting jordynsmama23:

Anyone else out there in the same boat as me?? My husband and i got married when we were 21 going on 22 and had our first baby last spring. She will be 1 on march 23rd. Time sure flew by. I am just having a difficult time with my friends understanding my new priorities and trying to meet people and possibly create new friendships with people that understand :)

Do you like taking photos? Share your springtime photos with me. welcome spring.gif 

Marketingmom602
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM

The nice thing about social networks is it opens up the world to explore. one minute your talking with a mom from Ohio the next the UK. What types of interests do you have?

Quoting jordynsmama23:

Thanks guys. Im having a really hard time with it.. These are my close friends that I used to party with. Dont get me wrong, i still enjoy a cocktail here and there but dont wuite have the time to leave my house to do so. I will fir sure try the suggested websites recommended :)

Do you like taking photos? Share your springtime photos with me. welcome spring.gif 

jordynsmama23
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM

A little about me....

I live in Minnesota and work full time as a dental assistant at an endodontic (root canal) office. I love my job and the people I work with. On my free time I like to spend time with my family and hang out with friends (with the time I have that is!) I love arts and crafts type of things. I used to be pretty big into scrapbooking but just cannot find the time for it anymore unfortunately. My husband and I love watching movies and spend a lot of time in front of our TV. I also LOVE to cook!~~I do like to workout too haha Anyone else out there doing WW? I did it for 3 months after I gave birth to my daughter to lose that extra baby weight, but now am trying to maintain it with good diet and exercise. Anyone have any good recipies to share Im all ears!

WendyJR
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Check out your local library and see if they have story time. I take dd to our library 2-3 times a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I agree with the local library mention & meetup.com.  In my area there's a number of local mommy groups

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN